Awake

Neither Izaya nor Shizuo knew how to feel about the events that took place that night.

When they were at Shinra's, Izaya was able to take off his sling. Even though his arm was doing better, it, along with his ribs, were still feeling sore.

Neither one of them told the other what their conversations were about that they had when visiting the doctor and Dullahan.

**********************************************

"Are we really doing this again?" Shizuo looked up, confused at the raven's outburst. In his eyes they were simply getting ready for bed.

Izaya opened his mouth more, but couldn't seem to get his words out.

"Well?" Shizuo pushed.

"...Nothing. It's nothing." The raven replied, refusing to meet the blonde's gaze.

They both got into the same position as the week before, with Izaya being pulled into a cuddle due to Shizuo.

Nope. This is not going to happen again.

The raven was about to start trying to hit the blonde awake, but thought better of it. He simply reached behind him and pinched the blonde's nose, cutting off his air supply. After a few seconds, Shizuo's eyes finally snapped open and his body launched up with confusion, gasping for breath.

Izaya couldn't help but laugh his ass off.

And Shizuo wasn't even surprised anymore. Just pissed in general that it happened to begin with. The blonde let out an agitated sigh and began to speak.

"Mind explaining, flea?" This question made the raven's laugh stop short.

The reason why?

Hmm.

...Ah, what the hell. Might as well. I guess.

"You were spooning me." This was said bluntly, causing the debt collector to choke on his own spit.

"W-what?"

"You heard me, you were spooning me. You did it about last week too." Izaya said, attempting to keep his face neutral.

"Well, if it has happened before, why didn't you say something about it before?" Shizuo said while scratching the back of his head, tired.

"..."

Izaya didn't have an answer for that.

And luckily, Shizuo didn't push it anymore.

Why haven't I brought it up before...?

...

...

Sigh

Shizuo reached over to Izaya and brought him closer to himself, causing the raven to freak out.

"Wha- Shizu-chan!!!"

"You're warm, okay? And besides, you didn't complain about it before, so why should you now?" Shizuo asked calmly.

"Well...that was then! This is now!" The raven replied with hesitance.

"And what exactly made it different now?"

That question caused the raven to go quiet once again.

"Alright then."

Shizuo brought the raven even closer, having them both pressed up against each other, with his arms around the smaller, with Izaya's back pressed flushed against his chest.

Izaya felt safe.

Fuck.

**********************************************

I do not own Durarara!! or any images used.