Jobs

"Why are you here?" Izaya said with a glare set on his face.

"Tch. You sound like a little brat." Shizuo responded so calmly, that it shocked Izaya into silence, which then turned into suspicion.

Shizu-chan is being calm around me. Why?

Shizuo didn't care about what the flea thought, and decided to get right to the point of the matter.

"Listen up flea. I'm gonna be taking care of you for awhile, so don't go pissing me off. Shinra told me how you are when you are sick. You get all weak and shit. It wouldn't set right on my mind if I finally kill you, but only because you were sick as hell. Got it?"

The informant merely blinked up at him, comprehending what the blonde said before bursting into laughter.

"Oh really now? Shizu-chan of all people is supposed to take care of me? Stop kidding yourself. Monsters like you can't care for anyone. All they can do is destroy."

The room was left in silence after Izaya's outburst. Then, even more to the raven's surprise, the blonde bodyguard simply stood up and left. This left the informant completely dumbfounded, which Izaya couldn't last remember feeling.

That's it? No yelling back or throwing things?

**********************************************

Shizuo was pissed.

He had to leave the room before he reached over and snapped the raven's neck. The only reason he had enough control to make himself leave, was because this wasn't the first time the flea has said things like this to him, so he knew what to expect.

Four destroyed street lights, two bent street signs, and one crushed vending machine, all made Shizuo calm enough to face the louse again.

**********************************************

When Shizuo walked back inside, the flea was ready to go. It seems that Shinra has been able to talk to Izaya, convincing him that living with Shizuo is the best course of action to take as of right now. The info broker looks exhausted, meaning that Shinra more than likely just kept on nagging him until he finally accepted.

Oh well, easier for me I guess. Shizuo thought. Going through life, Shizuo has had a lot of jobs before, because Izaya kept getting him fired from them all. Thinking of him having to protect and help the flea of all people was hard. Although, changing his way of thinking has helped him with this decision.

Out of all the jobs I've had before, I'm gonna prove to this flea that he won't be able to run me off. It doesn't matter how annoying he can, and will be, because I'm gonna show him that I'm not some monster that kills everything it sees.

I'm not a monster.

......Right?

**********************************************

I do not own Durarara!! or any images used.