Not Alone

About a week has passed, and Shizuo was a ball of nerves.

It wasn't about his situation with Izaya, since they seem better than they ever have before.

But it was about Kana Osamu.

Shizuo wasn't lying when he said he trusted the raven with this, because he knew full well that the informant could get what he wanted if he tried enough.

Yeah, he knew that first hand.

But what was tugging at his nerves was the fact that Izaya seemed to be avoiding in telling him his ideas on what he was planning.

**********************************************

"What's going on?" Shizuo asked abruptly.

"Huh?" Izaya looked up confused.

"What have you gotten planned so far on taking down this Kana guy?" The blonde asked.

Izaya tensed.

"Hm." Izaya hummed, before shrugging while looking away and back to his computer, avoiding the debt collector's question completely.

Right now, the two of them were in the raven's living room, with Izaya sitting at his chair and looking at his computer, while Shizuo was standing next to him.

"What kind of an answer was that supposed to be?" Shizuo asked, with irritation lacing his voice.

He was angry that Izaya was brushing all of his questions aside.

He was angry that Izaya wasn't trusting him with this information.

Shizuo knew that his top priority was keeping Izaya safe, but that's hard to do when he wasn't in the loop with what was going on.

He just got even more agitated when the raven ignored his question once more.

"Dammit Izaya!" Shizuo yelled, smashing his fist onto the glass table, unintentionally causing multiple cracks to appear on the surface.

Shit.

Shizuo slowly lifted his hand, feeling guilt eating away at him.

"...Sorry...I didn't mean to do that..." Shizuo said quietly.

Izaya stared at him for a moment longer, before letting out a sigh and turned to face him.

"It's fine Shizu-chan. But I need you to trust in me on this." Izaya said.

The blonde looked at him in confusion.

"Let me elaborate. Do you remember when you were shot, and the bullets had a drug in them which was basically poison?" The raven asked.

Shizuo grimaced slightly at the memories of that night, before shaking his head yes.

"Well, I'm certain that Kana-kun will be much more prepared. He'll be sure to know now that to take you down, he will need more Cold Death then he did before.....If you get hit again...."

Oh....

....So that's why...

Shizuo looked into Izaya's eyes, which held many emotions.

The blonde now understood what the raven was thinking, and decided to fix that right here and now.

"Oh come on, I didn't think you would forget already." Shizuo said with a smile, which only got him a confused look in return.

"What are you talking about, Shizu-chan?"

"Don't you remember? He doesn't stand a chance against us." Shizuo said, looking Izaya right in the eye.

Izaya frowned.

"What are you talki-"

"Don't worry flea, we are the two most dangerous people around here, or something like that, aren't we? They don't stand a chance." Shizuo mumbled out, burying his face into the raven's neck.

Izaya couldn't stop the smile on his face, even if he wanted to.

"....Yeah, you're right. They won't stand a chance against us."

Izaya remembered.

Ah...I almost...forgot that....

Izaya looked back to the brown honey eyes that were set on him.

He saw the warmth, the trust, and the determination to protect in those eyes.

Ever since he has started planning everything, he has been stressed on trying to make sure that everything was perfect, that he wouldn't let anything go wrong.

But now he was perfectly at ease.

He felt....so at peace.

"Huh?!" Shizuo was surprised at the sudden hug, but didn't try to stop it.

Izaya leaned back out from the embrace with the warmest smile Shizuo has ever seen on his face.

"You're right, sorry for not realizing sooner. I should have known to begin with." Izaya said.

Shizuo didn't completely understand what the raven meant, but he knew that Izaya had realized that he wasn't going to be pushed away again, that he didn't have to deal with this all by himself.

And that was all that mattered to him right now.

**********************************************

I do not own Durarara!! or any images used.