Wanting answers

Tch. Where does he get off in saying how this was all my fault?

That shitty flea.

Shizuo waited patiently for Shinra to come back out. The whole reason why he was here in the first place was because some idiot had tried to attack him earlier. If it were a few months before or something, he wouldn't have hesitated much from blaming it on the flea.

But ever since he and the raven had started to tolerate each other, Izaya had stopped sending gangs after the blonde.

The one who attacked him tonight seemed to have done so without having been manipulated into doing it.

Dumbass.

Shizuo beat the guy up and didn't feel much pity for the man, especially since the attacker was actually able to get a shallow stab with a knife into the blonde's side.

Although, getting stabbed was only really a sting to the debt collector, he wanted to make sure that he wasn't internally bleeding or something. He decided to bring the attacker along with him.

He got to the doctor's only to be told how he wasn't going to bleed out, but that Shinra still wanted to patch him up some. So he decided to wait until the underground doctor was finished with the stranger.

He was sitting on the couch, about to nod off, when the doorbell rang.

Shizuo watched as the doctor came to check who was at the door. His heart froze when he heard a familiar voice.

The same familiar voice that he heard about three weeks ago.

Izaya came in behind Shinra, who gave Shizuo a nervous glance before heading back to the other room.

Shizuo was curious. Normally he would always see the flea everywhere, no matter where he went. But ever since the incident, it was like he was wiped off the earth for a bit.

When Shizuo began asking questions that has been nagging at him for days, he quickly started getting angry when he only got flippant and uncaring answers.

Shit really hit the fan when the raven tried accusing Shizuo of everything that had happened.

Shinra had came in after fixing up the strangwr since Shizuo had walked outside for a smoke. By the time the blonde had walked back in, both the informant and the other patient was gone. The debt collector had sat down and waited for the doctor to finish stitching him up.

"You know, I would really like to know why you decorated my wall in such a way, Shizuo." Shinra said suddenly, startling the blonde.

"What do you mean?" Was the only reply he could think of at the moment. The doctor simply nodded his head over to a certain spot on the wall near them. Shizuo's eyes widened when he saw what his friend was talking about.

Right there on the wall, was a big spot of red.

Blood.

Shit.

"When the flea came in, we got into an argument, and I kind of threw him into the wall. I didn't know he was already hurt. Sorry, I'll clean it up once you are done with the stitches." Shizuo said, apologetically.

"No worries, I'll get it later since you look really tired out. But I was wondering why you and Izaya were fighting? I thought you two were in good terms with each other now. Are you two enemies again or something? The doctor asked.

"...Well, a lot of things happened. Things that I am not going to get into. And as of right now....I really don't know where we stand. Sorry." Shizuo was beyond tired right now.

Maybe tomorrow I'll try and hunt the flea down and get some real answers.

**********************************************

I do not own Durarara!! or any images used.