Awkward

After an hour or so, Izaya eventually came back out. He walked into the living room and saw that Shizuo was sprawled out dead asleep on the couch. His eyes glanced over to the clock to see that it was 1:32 A.M and let out a long sigh. His eyes trailed back to the sleeping blonde.

Dammit.

I'm the one that freaked out, and now Shizuo is sleeping on the couch? *Sigh* I would wake him up and tell him how he can take the bed tonight, but then things would be even more awkward then it was before.

With that, Izaya went into the bedroom, got onto the bed without making it or even changing into different clothes, and fell asleep.

**********************************************

When Izaya woke up the next day, it was to a delicious smell that was wafting through the air. The raven sat up and then got out of the bed to investigate on just what exactly it was that smelled so good.

He found his answer when he saw the blonde in the kitchen.

"I didn't know you could cook." Izaya said, startling the poor blonde who nearly dropped the pan he was using to cook eggs.

"Izaya, you scared the shit out of me!" Came the flustered response from Shizuo.

Izaya grinned, until he remembered the events of the night before, and avoided eye contact with the blonde.

Shizuo realized what was happening and turned his attention back to the food he was cooking to hide the bright redness that had enveloped his entire face.

Izaya took a seat at the table while he watched as Shizuo worked.

Shizuo could feel the raven's eyes burning into him while he was facing away, and in knowing that, he couldn't help but be self-conscious of every move that he made.

He was able to eventually finish making eggs, before splitting the amount and putting them onto two plates. He brought the food over and put one plate on one side of the table for Izaya, and the other plate on the other side for himself. He then got up and grabbed two glasses before going to get the milk before he realized that Izaya wasn't exactly as big of a fan of milk than Shizuo was.

"Hey Izaya, do you want apple juice or orange juice?" The blonde asked.

"Do you have any coffee?" The raven replied.

"No." Shizuo said, feeling awkward.

"Hmm. Apple juice would be fine then." Izaya said.

And so, Shizuo got said drink and poured it into a glass, while he poured his milk into the other and brought them both over to the table.

The mood was extremely awkward, even more so after their sad excuse of a conversation a moment ago.

The only sounds that were filling the air was the sounds of both men eating their breakfast.

"Hey, so, later I need to go buy more food okay?" Shizuo said suddenly.

"O....kay?" Izaya raised an eyebrow, wondering why he was being told this.

"Well.....last time I had to go out by myself.....you..." Shizyo started, unsure of how to finish it, knowing how the event before probably took a huge it on the raven's ego.

"Got kidnapped?" Izaya finished blandly.

"...Yeah." Shizuo said sheepishly.

"It is probably best then that I come with you then." Izaya said calmly, before putting his and Shizuo's empty dishes in the sink. He then grabbed his jacket and walked up to the door.

"Are you ready?" The raven asked, looking back at the blonde.

"Yeah." With that, the two left the apartment.

**********************************************

I do not own Durarara!! or any images used.