Chapter 38

Your POV:

K was blocking the bullets with a metal sheet. You took your arm off of his shoulder and tried to walk without his help so he could focus on herself. You saw some of the soldiers running up to where everyone kinda set up camp. Everyone was cornered. You saw no frustration in anyone's eyes.

The soldiers were a safe distance away from everyone and had their shields and guns. You looked around to see if Conner was there but he wasn't. 'Hurry Connor!'  The soldiers were coming closer, and you were getting more worried about Connor.

You looked at Markus and saw him smile. "He's here" He whispers. Your eye's widen as you felt arms wrap around you. "I'm sorry for being late beloved" You heard his deep voice say. You were on the brim of tears and turned around.

"You Idiot" You say as you stood on your tippy toes and kissed him. He pulled you closer and kissed back. You didn't care what the other's thought. You love Connor with all you heart. You broke the kiss and turned back around to see them lower their guns and shields. They backed away and left everyone else alone. 

You smiled. "You did it Connor" You say. He shakes his head "Markus did it..Not me" Markus looked over. "We all did it Connor" He says with a smile. Connor pulls you into his arms and hugs you. "I'm so glad your safe (Y/n)" He says. You hug him back "I'm glad your safe too" You heard everyone say how cute together you and Connor were.

You look up to see Connor blush. K looked at you both happily, secretly giving Connor a thumbs up. You giggled thinking they didn't notice. You were happy in the end they became close friends.

"Your so cute Connor" He turns dark blue "You're the cute one" You smile. "Hey guy's Markus is going to give a speech!" North yells. You nod, "We should do something after all of this" You say with a smirk. He blushes "b-but you're injured" You break the hug and smile. 

"I'm ok Connor...They kept me safe" You say and walk over to where Markus if going to give his speech. You get up on the stage Connor soon following after. You were standing there with a smile. 'I'm happy all of them are going to be free'  You thought as you held Connor's hand.  

--EDITED--