Chapter 37

Your POV:

Markus tells everyone how much time we have left and gives a small speech. North looks at you 
"I'm sure Connor will be here soon.." she says trying to reassure you. You smile "Thanks.." North smiles and looks at Markus. You kept thinking about Connor. You couldn't help but think or worry about the one you love. All of a sudden you heard someone yell "Take Cover!!" You were confused until you felt a blast of hot wind hit you.

K pushes you down on the ground. He makes you face him, as he looked paniced checking if you were okay. He touches your head, then his eyes darken. You saw North running over to you.
"They threw a grenade! Come on we need to get you two out of here or take cover!" You couldn't respond.

North looked at you with worried eyes. K put your arm over his shoulder so he could help you walk. You looked around and saw how all of them were scared and were trying to get away. You saw Markus helping protect the other androids.

You wanted to do something to help but you couldn't cause you were in too much shock to even walk. 'I'm so pathetic..I can't do anything...I want to help!' You looked at K who was leading you out of this havic. "Let me help them K!" You ask him in a demanding tone.

"No way in hell am I letting you risk your life, I'll go in your stead I just want you to be safe" K wasn't listening to you at this point "We need to get you some where safe..Before Connor left he whispered something in my ear, I promised him I would keep you safe! I was made to protect you so let me do it dammit!!"

You felt useless but then again you couldn't really do anything with people who had guns, and protection. "..Ok " K slightly smiles in relief as his eyes lighten up at the fact you didn't really put up much of a fight. K grabs a piece of loose metal to cover you both.
North nods and grabs a loose piece of metal to cover us. 

--EDITED--