Part 89

(Shawn's POV)

{three years later}

I took y/n's hand and waited until they called my name. She already got her diploma, so she doesn't have to be nervous anymore. 'Mendes, Shawn.' I got up and slowly walked to them, this is so weird. Walking towards the rector just to receive my diploma.

I've done this before, but now she's with me. I have someone beside me this time. After I got it, we went outside to meet our parents who waited for us to go for lunch. She hasn't seen them in a while because she was so busy with her finals, a big smile appeared on her dads face when he saw her running to him.

I quickly followed her and said hello to her mom. 'Congratulations, Shawn.' She said while hugging me, 'thank you,' we got in the car and then drove to a restaurant to celebrate our graduation. I've never imagined myself graduating with my girlfriend, she's been with me all the times I gave up but then helped me get back up.

I'm glad that I did this, because now I know what I want to do in my life. The lunch went fast and in no time we were at my place. She sat beside me and just laid her head on my shoulder. I'm almost 27, so I really have to start planning my future.

Our fathers were standing outside, talking to each other I guess. I walked over to them and laid my hand on my dads shoulder. 'Aah son,' he said, 'I have to ask it. When are you going to propose to her?,' he suddenly said while looking over at her dad. 'You don't need to ask my permission, you already have it,' he whispered, looking at the girls inside.

I honestly wanna do it, but the problem is how. How am I going to propose to her? It has to be special, but also something personal. Around 5 pm everyone left, so it was just the two of us. Her arms were wrapped around my torso and her head was on my chest. I carefully placed her on my lap and let her head rest in the crook of my neck.

'I love you,' she mumbled softly against my skin sending shivers down to my spine. 'I love you too darling,' I said back while rubbing her back, 'let's go on vacation,' I suddenly said while making her look at me. A frown grew on her face when I said it. 'Really? You wanna go on vacation?'

She asked while caressing my skin and looking deeply in my eyes. I nodded and laid us down. 'Yes, I wanna travel to Europe, we could do a little road trip. London, Amsterdam, Madrid, Barcelona, Berlin, Brussels and some other cities.' She shook her head in laughter and just tightened her grip on me, 'yeah we could do that,' she said before falling asleep in my arms.

It's not that late, but she worked her ass off these few weeks so she really deserves to sleep. I carried her to our bed and crawled under the blankets with her.

Going to Europe with her would be amazing, just to see her reaction to all the beautiful things they have there. What now if I propose to her while we're on vacation? Maybe I can. And before we knew, we were on our way to Europe.