Part 42

(Shawn's POV)

I took a seat in the chair next to her bed and caressed her hand. It's hard to see her so weak. I can't kiss her properly or even touch her. There ar tubes in her arms and without the mask she can't breath. I took my phone and called school.

'Hello, you speak with Shawn.'

'Aah, Shawn. How's your girlfriend?'

'She has to stay home for two weeks.'

'I'm gonna talk to the principal.'

'Thank you.'

She hung up and by the time I laid my phone away, y/n was awake.

'You're still here.'

She sat straight and let me caress her hair.

'Ofcourse. Why would I leave?'

'I don't know, school. Hospital. Life.'

I took her mask off and placed little kisses on her lips.

'Nah, I want to be here.'

A big smile appeared on her face and a sweet, little chuckle left her lips. I placed her mask back on and caressed her cheek.

'I love you. Oh by the way, if you feel bored I have your homework with me.'

She nodded and laid back in bed. Someone knocked on her door and walked in. It was Mary, also a student.

'Oh sorry, I thought you were alone.'

'It's okay, I only have to bring her homework so I'm leaving now.'

I looked quickly at y/n and saw her eyes grew big. I nodded and walked to the door.

'Get well and if you have any questions just email me.'

I left and felt my heart beating faster than usual. That was close. Really close. I got in my car and drove to the closest restaurant. Guess which one it was. A veggie restaurant. I walked in and some girls were staring at me. Some were giggling and some were trying to get my attention. I took a seat and soon after that a girl came to me.

'Why is a handsome man like you, sitting alone at a table?'

The other girls were looking at us and whispering things.

'Because the man is here for a quick meal so he can go to his girlfriend who's laying in the hospital.'

Her smile fainted from her lips. She turned around and walked back to her girls. I heard some things.

'He has a girlfriend.'

'She's in the hospital.'

'He's freaking hot.'

'He deserves better, he deserves you.'

I tried not to focus on them anymore. I felt the anger rising to my face. How can they judge someone they don't know? How can they judge my y/n? Finally the waitress came.

'Hello, can I please have your order?'

I quickly looked at the menu. Maybe I can bring some for y/n too.

'A greek salad and a veggie plate please. Oh can I take it with me?'

'Yes. It will be ready in 10 minutes.'

She walked away and I took my phone. I missed a call. I listened to the voicemail and it was the principal.

"Good evening, Shawn. I heard you girlfriend is in the hospital. Mrs. Dunbar informed me and you can stay with her, but come to my office tomorrow so we can discuss what your students have to do."

I saw the waitress coming back with a bag and gave me the check. I took my card and payed. When I walked to the door, the girls were still looking at me. Literally, why! I'm not that hot. Have you ever seen Justin Bieber or those guys from One Direction. I'm crap if you compare me with them.
I got in my car and drove to the hospital. To my lovely, sick but still gorgeous girlfriend. When I walked to her room, I saw little kids running around waiting for the doctor to come. I reached her room and saw the doctors standing there too. I ran over to them and saw them discussing.

'Is everything alright with y/n?'

'A little bit. She has trouble eating her food but she really needs to eat.'

'I have food with me, she probably doesn't want to eat the food here. I have to say that it isn't very delicious.'

They agreed and decided that it's better to give her food which is not from here. I opened the door and saw her watching tv.

'Hi babe.'

Her eyes went straight to me and a big smile appeared on her face.

'Hi, i missed you.'

I walked over to her and took her mask off.

'I missed you too, but here's the good thing. I went after food.'

She planted a big kiss on my lips.

'Thank you, I hate the food here.'

'Me too, so I have some veggie food with me because we ate too many fast food the last days.'

She nodded and took a box out of the bag. We talked a lot while eating. About how school was and the almost accident with Mary. She was very hungry. She ate the whole greek salad and a piece of my veggie plate, but who can blame her. The food sucks here and you get very hungry when you lay in the hospital.

'Oh, I have to tell you something.'

She putted her mask back on and listened to me.

'You can't go to school for two weeks and your mom asked if you could stay with me. So I said yes and arranged it with the principal. I have two weeks off so I can take care of you.'

She was so happy when I told her that but it soon faded away. A nurse came in the room and said the visiting hours were over, so I have to go. I got up and kissed my darling goodbye. It hurts to leave her there, all alone. When I got back home and I went immediately to my bed. It's gonna be a tough night.

Hours later, I was still awake. Sending lovely texts so she can wake up with a smile.