Chapter 99

Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected

are as outraged as those who are - Benjamin Franklin

It has been raining again since morning as Ajay and Amrita left the hospital.

Brijesh, Janaki Amma and Dr and Mrs Sharma were with them too. After a lot of push from both Ajay and Amrita, Shyam and Sonali had finally gone home to take some well-deserved rest and so did Mukesh and Anita.

Nitin and Saroj were waiting at their home to welcome Amrita and Ajay as they got out of the car.

Saroj was waiting at the threshold with an Aarti and welcomed Ajay inside after putting tilak on his forehead.

Once everyone settled on the lounges and every chair available, Nitin asked angrily

"Why were you so late Ajay? Maa had been going to and fro from the front gate to here at least 100 times in such high drama all this time. So much so that, I thought she would have given Jaya Bhaduri a run for her money in Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham."

"Chup Pagle!! Over action Hero Kahi ke. I was doing no such thing Bahu. Did you guys get delayed at the hospital for some reason? Because Inder called me and said you should have been home by now." Saroj finally revealed why she was anxious for their arrival.

"Yes Maasi, Dr Kothari wanted to see me before discharge. He just advised me on how to continue my with my physio and wound care... and then we bid goodbye to everyone and finally left. But you could have just called me if you were worried. " Ajay caressed her cheek, and kissed on her forehead.

"Saroj ji, Ajay is being too modest. Dr Kothari in fact, threw an impromptu party cum meeting at the hospital, and all the staff at the hospital wished the Ajay well and gave him a flower bouquet and a small gift, as a thank you gesture for the wonderful work the police have done. Nitin Beta, he asked me to forward his congratulations and thank you to you too, and he was very sorry that he couldn't do something similar when you were discharged, as he was quite busy." Dr Sharma proudly explained.

Nitin whistled softly. Ajay walked up to Nitin slowly and hugged him tight, saying "WE DID IT". And Nitin hugged him back equally happy.

Amrita took out her phone and clicked a picture, capturing the wonderful moment.

Saroj wiped her tears too, and then requested everyone to get on with their showers and be ready, as she had made a feast in celebration on Ajay's home coming. The next few hours went in to a blur, as everyone freshened up and got together to eat a sumptuous and hearty meal. Ajay already had the nurse clean him up before the discharge. Amrita showered quickly and changed in to a new saree. Thanks to Sonali and Anita, she now had a wardrobe full of new sarees and different blouses, which she could mix and match, and wear as she pleased. Ajay was still following a simple diet as per doctor's advice, but he was still happy to tuck into the Carrot Halwa his Maasi had made for him.

Along with Saroj, Nitin made sure everyone got double and triple servings, and as Brijesh began to protest, Nitin began "Brijesh uncle!..." and Brijesh stopped him.

"Nitin you can either call me Baba like Ajay, or call me Brijesh Sir like all my students but not as uncle."

"Arrey Waah, so this is like those so called offers 'get 1 son and get another for free!!' Nitin chuckled loudly and everyone joined.