Chapter 23

Between what is said and not meant,

and what is meant and not said,

most of love is lost ~~ Khalil Gibran

Ajay on his bike, and Shyam and Amrita in their car reached Mukesh's home separately in different routes. They were waiting for some time before Sonali joined them.

Sonali was shocked to see the bruises on Ajay, but before she could comment, Ajay introduced Sonali to Shyam and Amrita.

Sonali shook hands with Amrita and gave her a warm hug as well.

"I am so sorry for your loss Amrita. I have never met your sister Vidya, but from everything that Ajay told me, she was a beautiful soul. I can't imagine what you all are going through, but trust me I feel equally sad for her loss, that too in the hands of those criminals." Her face was flushed with anger and sadness.

Whatever misgivings Amrita had towards Sonali were wiped out by her kind words and gestures. She hugged her back, and thanked her for all the help she was giving them.

"Yes Sonali, we can't thank you enough. Without your help, this plan won't go ahead." Ajay too echoed Amrita's feelings.

Sonali smiled at Amrita and Ajay.

"Ajay, you know this is nothing. All I am trying to do is make sure you get your job back ASAP and help you find the real criminals."

She couldn't hold her anxiety anymore and asked "But first tell me, what happened to you? What are all these injuries from? Did you have an accident?"

She tried to reach for his hand, and then hesitated.

"It's nothing, yes just had a small accident." He shrugged in embarrassment, giving a side glance to Amrita and Shyam.

Sonali paused awkwardly too, noticing his reaction.

Amrita felt as if someone has squeezed her heart out and held her breath. May be Shyam's guess was correct. May be there's something more going on between Ajay and Sonali. But then she reminded herself that Ajay was Vidya's fiancé, and he would never do anything like that.

Ajay noticed the tense vibe in the room and tried to divert the topic.

"Sonali, Shyam and Amrita are IT Security Analysts too. That's where I got my idea for this plan."

Shyam looked appreciatively at Sonali, while Amrita was sceptical.

Shyam shook Sonali's hands and said how glad he was to meet her finally, because he too heard such nice things about her from Ajay.

Sonali looked shyly at Ajay while Ajay  just gritted his teeth.

Shyam was having too much fun. Still holding Sonali's hand, he abruptly said "Tumi kothay? Ami tomar jonno kokhon theke opekkha korchhi !! (In Bengali it means where were you? I have been waiting for you for a long time!!)"