Chapter 30

First step towards victory in a battle is when you are inside

your enemy's head and dictate his moves.

Know his weaknesses and respect his strengths...

but make sure you are always a step ahead.

In a small corner store, a girl in her twenties was purchasing some important grocery items in a hurry, but still making sure the purchases were within her low budget

In a small corner store, a girl in her twenties was purchasing some important grocery items in a hurry, but still making sure the purchases were within her low budget. As she turned into next aisle, Amrita collided with her accidentally, causing the shopping basket to trip.

The pickle bottle fell down and broken glass pieces splattered everywhere. Amrita apologised to the shopping girl repeatedly for her mistake, and helped her picking up all the items that fell down, including her handbag.  The handbag fell again as Amrita rose up to give it back to her. Amrita picked up the bag, slowly this time before ensuring it was safely back with the owner.

 Amrita was dressed in very stylish and expensive clothes, and for her to be so humble and friendly appealed to the girl who was dressed in modest clothes . They both introduced themselves. She told Amrita that her name was Shalini and she was working as a nurse at the City Hospital nearby.

Amrita offered to buy another bottle for her, but Shalini refused saying there was no need.

But the Shop owner didn't take the same kind approach, and demanded that she pay for the broken bottle. Amrita abused him angrily and paid for the bottle instead of Shalini, and purchased another spare bottle in spite of her protests.

Both became instant friends and freely abused the shop owner for his rude behaviour once they were out of the shop.

"I was just going to have some coffee in the Café next door, would you like to join me?" Amrita asked Shalini, and she gladly agreed.

Once they ordered their coffees, they had a chitchat on a variety of topics including their favourite TV shows and movies. Shalini was very sweet and shy girl, and she was kind of awestruck by Amrita's beauty and sophistication. Amrita sincerely said that she respected nursing profession very much, as it needs a lot of patience, care and temperament which she certainly lacked.

Amrita showed a lot of interest in Shalini's job, and asked a lot of questions about her daily routine etc. After talking for few more minutes, they left the Café. Amrita offered to drop Shalini at her home but she refused as her home was nearby. Amrita expressed hope that they get to see each other again, and drove off in her car.

****

The news of Lawyer Khurana taking up Ajay's case against Nalanda Hospital reached Vikram Chaudhary immediately. He knew very well that Khurana was a formidable opponent and someone who cannot be threatened or silenced easily.