Chapter 56

A real relationship has fights, trust, faith, tears, pain,

arguments, patience, secrets, jealousy and LOVE.

"Hey..."

Amrita stopped midway as Ajay signalled her to shush, and asked her to follow him downstairs.

Once they were in the courtyard, Ajay turned around and faced Amrita. His face was furious.

"What was that?" He asked with gritted teeth.
"What are you talking about?" Amrita asked confusedly.

"Why is Deepa Aunty talking about fixing your marriage with Shyam? And why didn't you deny it?"

"Ajay, She is a sick lady. All day she is lying around, thinking all sorts of negative things and worrying about future. We shouldn't mind it. If we react unnecessarily to it, she will take it to heart."

"You could have just told her I am not interested in Shyam right? Why didn't you? You were very prompt in denying there was anything between us." Ajay retorted angrily.

"Are you kidding me? Ajay what happened to you today? What if she had asked me why I am not interested in him? What would I tell her then? I chose not to give any importance to it, so that she will forget about the whole thing. What sort of questioning is this by the way?" Amrita raised her voice too by now.

She saw the cook come into the court yard just then, and lowered her voice.

"Anyway why are you home so early? What happened to your class, and where is Vidya?" She asked suddenly realising the time of the day.

"My class got cancelled because our lecturer was off sick suddenly. I thought we could spend some time together because..."

"You mean you have left Vidya all alone there! You know she is new to the town. She has no idea how to get around. Let me go now and get her back. How could you do this Ajay?" She sounded frantic.

"Ammu don't behave as if you are the only one who is worried about her or care about her. I was planning to go pick her up later anyway. Why can't you behave normally when it comes to Vidya and get so overprotective about her? And why can't she travel around on her own like you do? She has been here for more than 5 months now." Ajay fumed.

"Oh please Ajay don't start on that topic now. She is just a kid."

"She is 15 for goodness sake. She is not a kid. She talks nonstop with me every day, on every topic under the sun, while we are riding together. Get that into your brilliant brain. I have told you this before, and I am telling you again, you continue to pamper her like this, she is going to create a hell of a trouble for you one day." He walked off, without giving her another glance.

Amrita wanted to say something, but stopped herself.

As he reached the gate he shouted back at her.