Chapter 82 Wedding Part 3

If Music Be The Food of Love, Play On ~ William Shakespeare.

In the evening, everyone except Nitin freshened up, and changed into new clothes. Indrajit Saxena along with Shyam pulled Nitin aside, and gave him some shopping bags full of new clothes. 

Shyam explained to Nitin.

"These are for you Nitin, Inder Uncle asked me to get them for you, as you had to come here suddenly without notice. I hope the size is okay for you. Can you please check?"

Nitin looked embarrassedly at Indrajit and Shyam.

"Sir, there was no need for this, it's just a matter of a day or two. I could have managed somehow."

"What rubbish! There's a wedding going on. You can't be the only one without new clothes. I don't want to hear anything anymore. Take them as an order and just wear them." Indrajit commanded. Nitin thanked both of them and went inside to change.

Indrajit got a call from Khurana apologising that he couldn't join the festivities till next day. He had to leave urgently to a neighbouring city to represent a client on death row. Khurana was trying to postpone the sentence date, as fresh evidence had been discovered by police.

Khurana promised that he will be there next day evening, just before the wedding. He reiterated his apologies to all the family and friends gathered for the wedding, and wished he was there for all the festivities.
Priti and Pooja were the first to get ready, but they were sorely missing posting their selfies on Instagram. Like everyone else, they had to surrender their phones to the security team on arrival and their SIMS from their phones were removed. The Wi Fi had also been disabled for security reasons. So they kept taking selfies and videos but had to contend themselves to watch it on their phones for now.

Amrita was dressed up by Sonali and her hair was set in curls. Amrita didn't want much make up so she just put some mascara and light shade lipstick to go with peach colour Ghagra choli she was wearing. Sonali too was looking wonderful in her cream silk Ghagra choli.

Saroj and Janaki Amma appreciated how good Ammu and Sonali were looking and put kaala tikka for both of them.

Both came downstairs and when Amrita saw Ajay, her heart skipped a beat and she kept staring at him. He was wearing a long Navy blue coat like Sherwani with white stripes and looking more like a Greek God than ACP Ajay Singh Rathore. There was only word for it. He was looking absolutely gorgeous. 

At that moment, Amrita felt as if the rest of the room blurred out of her vision, and her eyes were just feasting on him.

He was talking animatedly and making jokes with Shyam and Mukesh. Priti and Pooja also looked smitten by him, and were taking multiple pictures of him on their phone, in spite of his protests. She suddenly felt proud of her man who exuded charm and style just being himself.