Chapter 37

You will never understand the damage you did,

until someone else does the same to you,

That's why I am here. - KARMA

Two days later:

Vikram Chaudhary was sitting on the floor, looking into oblivion, and completely immune to what was going on around his house. Pratap Chaudhary's funeral was over, but some rituals were still going on. Vikram was asked to bath in holy waters and pray to gods for his brothers soul.

 Vikram was asked to bath in holy waters and  pray to gods for his brothers soul

He did everything without question.

There was a huge garlanded photo of Pratap right next to Vikram, and many party workers and followers were coming silently in succession, to offer their prayers.

No one dared to talk to Vikram Chaudhary or disturb him in his current state. They silently offered their prayers to Pratap, offered their condolences to the family, and left.

Vikram's Chaudhary's secretary was in a dilemma. He was getting phone calls from various people, wanting to talk to Vikram, but he was in his own zone, and not willing to talk to anyone. Among the people wanting to talk to Vikram desperately was SP Kamal, as he realised how fragile his position was, without the support of the mighty Vikram Chaudhary.

Ajay had been moved from hospital and brought to the Gandhi Road Police station overnight.

As he walked inside, all his team members were saddened by the sight of him, being locked up in the cell like a criminal. But S P Kamal gave strict orders to everyone not to treat Ajay any different, and they supressed their feelings out of sheer fear towards their Senior Officer.

The DIG of police and Lawyer Khurana held another secret meeting same night, which was attended by S I Sarang and Mukesh. Shyam was still keeping a low profile.

SI Sarang explained to all of them exactly what happened.

Both the DIG and Khurana were incensed by the false charges laid against Ajay.

"But Sir, this is what I don't understand. Ajay Sir asked me to stay back in my hiding position, and not come forward to witness SP Kamal shooting at Pratap. I am not sure what was going on in his mind. I haven't had chance to talk to him since the operation, and I am keeping close to SP Kamal in case he gets too suspicious." Sarang said confusedly.

"Sarang, Don't worry. I will come and meet Ajay at the police station tomorrow morning in my  capacity as Defence Lawyer. I am a Public Prosecutor but I also take up private cases from time to time.  I will have one on one chat with him, and you make sure that SP Kamal is not around when this happens. I will ask Ajay to explain what his strategy is then." Rakesh Khurana assured him.

DIG promised Lawyer Khurana that he will offer all support necessary, both in terms of any additional legal fees and representation of Ajay in the court. Lawyer Khurana, being a principled man himself refused any fees, declared that he will fight for Ajay as long as it takes, and make sure Ajay was freed from all the charges as soon as possible.