Chapter 74

"Try to remain truthful. The power of truth never declines. Force and violence may be effective in the short term, but in the long run it's truth that prevails."— Dalai Lama XIV

The tiny chamber allocated for public prosecutor Rakesh Khurana became crowded with everyone going there to thank him. Shyam brought some sweets and snacks for everyone from a shop nearby. Rakesh Khurana refused to eat any sweets though.

"Don't get too excited so early Shyam. The day I send both Kamal and Vikram to gallows is the day I am going to celebrate, not now." He smilingly replied.

"Why don't you tell the truth that you are a diabetic, and can't eat sweet things  instead?" Kabir Khan teased him.

"Well yeah, that too." Khurana admitted sheepishly and everyone burst out laughing.

Observing that Amrita was still not looking as joyous as everyone, Khurana asked her what's bothering her.

"Hmm...Nothing. I was just wishing how good it would be, if Ajay was here to witness all this today, that's all." Amrita's smile didn't reach her eyes.

"Even I was thinking exactly that." Shyam agreed.

Khurana came near Amrita and patted gently on her shoulder.

"He is here with us, I mean...in our thoughts and minds. Isn't it? That itself is great. And it won't be long before he is out in the open.

**** This fabulous photo edit done by the multitalented MB_247

He gets his strength from you. If you become weak and lose control, he won't function properly. You both complement each other perfectly, and we are here at this stage of trial because of the efforts of your whole gang of friends and well-wishers." Khurana smiled at Sarang and Constable Ramesh.

"Just keep up your strength and resolve for a bit more. Ok?" Khurana implored Amrita and extended his request to everyone around.

Amrita nodded her head happily and smiled. Khurana whispered something in her ear,  and her eyes widened in fear and surprise.

"Ok guys I am taking these kachoris to finish off at my table. Every one please join back in the gallery on time. Judge Thapar does not like late joiners." Khurana made out to the court room and everyone slowly followed him.

Both the girls went out quickly looking for the ladies toilet.

Dr Sharma asked Brijesh to go ahead and waited on Kabir Khan as he was gathering some more files on his desk.

"Khan Sahib, Did Ajay grow a beard recently?" Dr Sharma asked casually.

"Yes Dr Sharma, and he was looking so handsome Mashallah. But I am not sure if he still has it, if that wife of his keeps nagging him about it. God!! The way they keep bickering at each other, you would think they have already been married for 10 years." Kabir Khan chuckled as he rummaged through his cupboard for a working pen, oblivious to the reaction on Dr Sharma's face to his revelations.