Chapter 81 Wedding Part 2

Seven vows taken during a Hindu Indian wedding.

Second Vow : The groom promises to protect his bride under all circumstances. In return, the bride promises to stand by her husband through his agonies and ecstasies.

"What do you want to know dear" Saroj approached them just then, and asked smilingly.

Ajay and Amrita looked at each other sheepishly.

"Nothing Maasi, I just wanted to know if there is anything after Haldi ceremony today for us. Its Sangeet ceremony right?

"Is that what you were trying to ask Ammu? Really? But you already know that, don't you?" Saroj demanded shrewdly.

"No Aunty, I told him that in the evening it is ladies Sangeet, so he was asking me what the guys are supposed to do." Amrita tried to defend Ajay.

"Yeah why the hell can't we join? Seriously why you girls should have all the fun? I have decided for myself, we are going to have a buck's party night then." Ajay said crossly, and continued Amrita's narrative.

"I think bucks party is a great idea." Nitin joined them.

Saroj Saxena glared at this unwelcome intruder.

"Sorry for intruding like this Ajay and Amrita. But if the girls can dance and have fun by themselves, guys should be allowed their share of separate fun as well. It is only fair. Otherwise have common sangeet where guys can also join the fun. Are you girls too scared that the guys are going to beat you at sangeet?" Nitin mocked Amrita.

Ajay thought Nitin was on point even though he wasn't too keen of his support. Shyam and Sonali joined them eagerly as they heard the Sangeet talk.

Shyam too was keen on having a joint Sangeet.

"Haan Saroj Aunty why don't we have boys vs girls sangeet in the evening?" He asked eagerly.

"Auntyji please don't agree to it. I can't dance at all, and I don't want to let the boys win." Sonali pleaded.

"Don't worry Sonali. We won't have any contest. And it's nothing to do with being afraid of you guys. Let's go Amrita. We will decide who does what later about Sangeet. Shyam, tell your friend not to be such a snob." Saroj fumed.

"Maasi, this is Nitin. He has been appointed as my personal body guard by Inder uncle." Ajay purposefully neglected to mention that, Nitin was also an ACP just like him. He still hadn't forgiven his uncle for dumping Nitin on him.

What was wrong with these people? IWhy is everyone here rude by default? Nitin wondered.

"Sorry madam but I am not a snob; I was just supporting Ajay's idea of buck's party." Nitin retorted dryly.

Amrita somehow felt bad that Nitin was being treated like this. As far as she could see, it was not his fault that Inder uncle forced this on to Ajay.

"Bucks party ducks party my foot. This is India, not a foreign country. I would have loved all you guys to join Sangeet too, but your Inder uncle hates dancing, and he had asked me to just arrange ladies sangeet. We are hardly 10 women here, but I am sure we will have better fun if we were left alone.

Why don't you guys watch some stupid Sci Fi movie or play on that Playstop something. Or even better, sort out all the gift bags for me." Saroj suggested mischievously.

Ajay fumed at her and started walking away with a sulky face.

"Oy sulky dulha, wait for your dulhan. You can't just go anywhere you want like that now. Come Bahu, let's eat some lunch."