Chapter 83 Wedding Final Part

It was quite late by the time Ajay and Amrita came down from the Sangeet. The hall downstairs was empty, and softly lit with just night lamps in corners. The flower arrangements done all around the hall filled the room with a beautiful aroma. The mandap set in the middle, for the initial ceremonies looked so colourful, decked with various colourful drapes and flowers all over.

As Amrita looked mesmerized at all the decorations, Ajay was just gazing at her instead, enjoying the look of wonder on her face. He slowly approached her and turned her around showing her the flower and rangoli decorations on the floor at the other corner of the room. He rested his chin in the crook of her neck and wrapped his arms around her.

"Do you like it?"

"Hmm.. I would have been happy to be married to you, even if any of this wasn't there Ajay."

"True Ammu, I didn't want all this either. When we decided to get married immediately, neither of us were thinking of a ritual based wedding. But we should be really thankful that we have such loving family and friends, who are arranging all this in such a short time."

"Yes we are truly blessed." She nuzzled her nose in to his cheek.

"By the way, it has been more than one whole day since I have kissed you. Do you know that?" He complained.

"Yes, 32 hours to be precise." She kissed him softly on his cheeks and chuckled.

Ajay unwrapped his arms around her reluctantly and turned her around to face him locking his gaze with hers.

"Mrs ASR I really like this bold new you, even though it had come at such a high cost to me. I am so tempted to kiss you like mad right now, but you know what, I am just controlling myself till our Suhaag Raat."

"I am really glad of your resolve. Mr ASR.. I like my husband to be a disciplined and controlled man. Come on, let's eat something and go to sleep. We have a long day tomorrow."

"And even longer night" Ajay added mischievously.

Amrita controlled not to roll her eyes with difficulty. They sat together and had dinner in that shimmering light. Somehow it felt more romantic and intimate than any other meal they had together.

Next day morning dawned bright and sunny. Everyone left the bride and groom to sleep a little longer, and got busy with the last minute preparations of the wedding.

Finally when Amrita woke up she realised to her horror that it was almost 9 am. She quickly freshened up and went downstairs, to join everyone else who were gathered around the dining table for breakfast.

Everyone greeted her happily and she quickly finished her breakfast. She was ushered to have a long shower and then asked to dress in a new Ghagra choli for the Mehendi ceremony. But she requested all the ladies to let her wear the blue Ghagra Choli that Ajay bought for her birthday.

Explaining that it was her favourite dress, and she wore it only for an hour that day, she finally convinced them, and dressed up in her favourite dress, along with the matching jewellery.

As she came down along with Priti and Pooja, her eyes searched everywhere for Ajay.

"He is busy helping others in setting up the lights and mandap in the lawn outside." She gasped as Nitin's deep voice informed her from behind.

"You seem to know his whereabouts quite precisely." Amrita looked down, trying to hide her embarrassment.

"It's my job to keep him in my view all the time Amrita." He replied in the same baritone voice.