Chapter 12

Don't brood. Get on with living and loving.

You don't have forever.

- Leo Buscaglia

"Ajay! Wake up, Wakeup please!!" Someone was shaking him vigorously. Ajay's head felt so groggy and painful, and he did not want to get up. But his natural reaction was to push the person away who was making so much noise and making his head explode.

He tried to open his mouth and tell them off but he couldn't open his mouth. It felt too dry.

"Hey Ajay wake up man, you have been sleeping for one whole day. I have been trying to wake you up since afternoon. Dr. Sharma wants to talk to you about something" Mukesh's voice sounded much clearer to him now.

Ajay slowly came back to his senses. He couldn't believe that he was lying in that hut for more than 24 hours. It was late in the night. He went to the nearby well and washed up.

Mukesh was looking at him warily. "Are you okay? You did not eat or drink anything so everyone was getting worried about you"

"I am ok. " he smiled reassuringly at his friend but Mukesh was still looking at him with concern.

He must be looking like a real mess, Ajay thought to himself.

Slowly both friends made their way back to Vidya's home

Ajay felt ashamed of himself for being away for so long and for passing out. He especially felt 

bad facing Dr Sharma and Brijesh's family.

But he was wrong to think they thought any less of him.

Brijesh welcomed him warmly, and insisted that he eat dinner straightaway.

Harish and his family too were no less cordial towards him. This made him feel even more guilty.

He sat with Brijesh for a while inquiring about his health.

Ajay was happy to see that Brijesh was sitting in his lounge chair and having some Soup.

Just then Dr. Sharma came and checked on his friend again and reminded him to take his medicines after dinner.

After satisfying himself that Brijesh is recovering well, he enquired "I heard that Ammo was here

 today. Did she come alone? Why did you let her go away so quickly?"

Brijesh replied in a sad bitter tone "Who am I to stop her Doctor? She is not a kid anymore. 

Anyway she has severed all her ties with our family and home long time ago."

Dr. Sharma was about to respond but stopped once Ajay signalled him not to continue this 

discussion. They both could see that Brijesh was still distressed about the whole thing.