Chapter 93

To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; 

supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance 

without fighting. Sun Tzu  ( The Art of War )

Vikram Chaudhary finally looked happy for the first time since his brother's death.

"Thank you Nitin. I knew you could do something about Kamal's security. This is such a brilliant plan. But I don't understand all this gun business; why should I use this particular gun? I would rather carry my own gun." Vikram said with a frown.

"VikramJi, it is very important that we use nothing but these guns tomorrow

"VikramJi, it is very important that we use nothing but these guns tomorrow. I have just explained to you why. They look exactly similar. So that no suspicion will ever fall on me. With a lot of difficulty, I stole these guns from the headquarters and that new ACP Vinod Bhatt  is their security in-charge. So if these guns are traced back later, suspicion will fall on him, not me. As much as I respect you and love money, I don't want to lose my job and neck over this. We are doing this tomorrow with these guns or not doing at all." Nitin replied firmly

"OK fine!!! We will use these guns. You are becoming too bossy. Tone it down. You don't know who you are speaking to." Vikram growled.

"Sorry Vikramji, but I had no intention to sound or behave like that. If it came across like that, then I apologise. And one more thing, Vikram ji .... we have to do this alone. Just you and me. None of your henchmen, or official security should be around. Officially,  tomorrow morning you are at home, feeling sick and not receiving any visitors. As far as your henchmen are concerned, ask them to wait at the getaway location, ready with the car, and I will drop you there. After that, I don't know you and you don't know me. Because that's the only way this plan works. I can't provide so many guns. With a lot of difficulty I managed to procure these. I just can't take the risk, if your boys come and mess up things in panic, when all the shooting is happening. Things would be more controlled if fewer people were around." Nitin explained calmly, trying not to sound "bossy" as Vikram called it.

"But how can I do that? I can't come alone. What about my security? I am a minister for goodness sake." Vikram hissed.

"Yes you are a minster, and your security involves the presence of police, commandos, staff etc. If you want to murder Kamal in front of all these people, be my guest. Well I am not sure about you, but I am not foolish enough to attempt anything like that, with all those people around. I thought you told me that, all I had to do was deliver Kamal to you, and you will do the rest. But maybe it was all talk." Nitin was getting fed up with Vikram's conditions.

After all the trouble he had to go through, all that lies, deception and drama he had to enact in front of everyone in his department, starting from the DIG to the constables, all the clever things he had to do to bring Kamal on a platter to Vikram, this was his reward - Vikram's attitude and refusal to stick to the plan.