Chapter 40

"All warfare is based on deception.

Hence to fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;

Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."  Sun Tzu

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

SP Kamal managed to get away from the thronging mikes and cameras, and strode quickly to his Jeep. He asked Veeran and Santosh to stay back till back up force arrive. As he drove his Jeep to DIG's office, his mind went back to the events of previous night.

***

He arrived home around 9pm, tired, after all the running around he had to do, while arranging for Ajay's "transportation" to the court.

Kamal Chaudhary was a loner and he loved his single life. He had amassed all the luxuries money could buy, a stylish house, top of the range gadgets and furniture to match. Thanks to his own corrupt methods in his job and blessings of Vikram Chaudhary.

As he walked into his living room, he turned the music system to play one of his favourite classic symphonies.

He changed into his pyjamas and poured himself a large peg of his favourite single malt whiskey and relaxed with his eyes closed.

"Hello Sir. Have you completed all arrangements for Ajay tomorrow?" he heard a woman's voice and snapped his eyes open. A young woman clad in Leather jacket and pants was sitting right across him in his living room.

 A young woman clad in Leather jacket and pants was sitting right across him in his living room

He got up and looked around. He left his uniform and gun holster in his bedroom.

"Please don't bother looking for your gun. It is safe with me." Shyam walked in carrying Kamal's gun as well as Kamal's mobile in his gloved hands.

"All clear at the backside too." Mukesh said as he closed the backdoor behind him.

"What the hell is going on here? Who are you guys? What are you doing here? I can book you right now for breaking and entering private property." Kamal fumed.

"Mr Kamal Chaudhary, let's all take a deep breath, calm down and behave like sensible adults for once. O K?" Amrita chipped in and signalled Kamal to sit down.

Kamal looked at all of them and realised that he was outweighed in number and quickness by these people, and slowly sat down.

"It was very clever of you Mr Kamal, how you got rid of Pratap to save your own back in the Nalanda Hospital case, and conveniently put the blame on Ajay, so you can still be in the good books of Vikram Chaudhary. Now you are planning to finish off Ajay tomorrow, so that you can be safe now from both Ajay and Vikram. Wow!! Two birds in one shot. Very ingenious plan and we are very impressed with it ; although we still cannot understand, how a heinous person like you still continues to live, and worst, be a policeman." Amrita hissed, barely managing to control her temper.