Chapter 42

Pic Credit Chaitali zyyzya

You don't have to have anything in common with people you have known since you're five.

With old friends, you got your whole life in common. --  Lyle Lovett

It was almost noon when they woke up next day. Ramesh and Kumar still checked on them every few hours all through the night and day taking turns. Ramesh took the night duty while Kumar took the morning shift.

Ajay got up groggily and walked into the living area, where his friends were fiddling with the TV remote to check their favourite channels. Amrita wasn't to be seen.

"Is Ammu still sleeping?" Ajay asked no one in particular.

"We should be asking you that question." Shyam mocked him.

Ajay threw the cushion at him and collapsed on to the sofa.

Mukesh finally got the sports channel he was looking for, and started watch Barca vs Real Madrid match that he missed.

"Hey Ajay, you better eat something and take those medicines. " He reminded him, with his eyes still fixed on the TV.

Amrita walked inside from the front door just then, carrying empty cups.

"Good morning sleepy heads." She greeted them all and walked into the kitchen.

Ajay's eyes followed her, and observing that both his friends' attention was now glued to TV, he slowly followed Amrita into the kitchen.

The moment his back was turned, Shyam and Mukesh looked at each other, and wolf whistled.

A cushion hit Ajay on his butt.

Ajay closed his eyes and cursed himself for underestimating what nosy bastards they are. He bit his lip controlling his smirk, and continued towards his destination, now that the damage was already done.

As he entered the kitchen, he was caught by the aroma of freshly made pancakes and coffee.

Amrita turned around and walked closer to him, smiling brilliantly. She seemed to have showered just then, her hair was still half wet and clinging to her back. Wearing a red and grey long Anarkali dress, she was looking nothing short of a princess in Ajay's eyes.

"How is your arm now? Did you have a good sleep? Do you want to eat breakfast first or have some coffee?" She asked softly.

Is this going to be their new reality? Ajay wondered taking in the beauty and joy surrounding him at the moment. Would he be waking up to see her looking at him, so lovingly, every day like this? The thought itself gave him a new high.

It was worth getting shot in the arm just for this, Ajay mused, as he felt content just looking into her happy face.

"What happened?? Why are looking at me like that?" She could see the emotions in his eyes, but wanted to hear his response anyway.