Chapter 35

F-E-A-R has two meanings:

"Forget Everything and Run" Or

"Face Everything and Rise"

The Choice is yours - Zig Ziglar

Shyam knelt down and shook Amrita gently, trying to wake her up, but she wasn't responding at all.

He couldn't see what was going on at Ajay's end. His eyes were brimming with tears at his helplessness, but he also realised that he can't help Ajay right now, as he was surrounded by Police as well as Kamal and Pratap.

His heart was filled with fear for safety of Ajay, but as he looked at the still figure of Amrita, he knew what to do. He can't lose two of his best friends in one day. Deciding that his priority is now to ensure safety of Amrita, he picked her up gently, and raced through the back gate towards Ajay's car. Luckily everyone's attention was riveted on what's happening to Ajay and he was able to drive off quickly.

Shyam knew that if he went back the same way, he might be noticed by additional police or henchmen of Pratap. So, he chose a side lane at the backside of the factory to enter a dusty road. After some distance, to Shyam's relief, the road joined the main highway and he sped the car towards Mukesh's house.

=====

S I Sarang was stunned as he saw SP Kamal pointing the gun towards Ajay and shooting at him.

"AAAAHH"

Ajay gave a loud grunt and fell, but the bullet was targeted at his right arm holding the gun. As soon as the gun slipped from Ajay's hands, Kamal jumped to his side and grabbed Ajay's gun with a kerchief. Ajay rolled over in agony, as he felt the bullet rip through his arm muscles and got lodged inside. It was as if several hot irons were piercing his arm, and it started bleeding.

But more than the physical pain, he was bothered by what was going to happen next. Because the moment SP Kamal fired at his arm, and picked up his gun, Ajay realised what Kamal's master plan was. He slowly stumbled across, to hide behind the pillar again.

He turned his head slightly, and signalled Sarang not to come forward.

Once S I Sarang realised that Ajay's life was not in danger, he went back to his hiding place as signalled by Ajay. He wasn't sure if it was the right time to make his presence known to Kamal, so he decided to notice what was going on.

Kamal didn't stop Ajay nor tried to shoot him again

He quickly turned and shot at Pratap, using his own gun, but he made sure the bullet didn't hit Pratap. He was holding Ajay's gun in his other hand.

Pratap ducked in reflexive action, trying to avoid Kamal's bullet.

Pratap's blood boiled at this skulduggery of Kamal.