Chapter 76

When you can tell your story and

it doesn't make you cry,

you know you have healed.

As the driver had predicted, the traffic was piled up everywhere due to the rain, and it took them more than twenty minutes to reach Kabir Khan's residence. But they were the first ones to arrive.

Kabir and Naseem Khan welcomed them warmly to their home.

Ajay stayed back in the car saying he had an urgent phone call to make, while everyone went inside. Once he was alone , Ajay quickly called Shyam and broke the happy news that Brijesh and Dr Sharma have given their blessing for the marriage.

Shyam was astounded.

"Yaar! Wonderful news? How did all this happen? I mean when? What did you do?" Shyam was bombarding him with questions in excitement.

"Just now and you are the first person I am sharing this with. I will tell you everything when you come here. Listen..."

The driver of the car turned back and cleared his throat loudly.

Ajay asked Shyam to hold on and covered the phone with his hand. He scowled at the driver and asked

"What is it now?"

"I have another briefing to attend to in one hour. I need to go back to the base, or leave the car here for someone else to drive you back, if they are willing to bring another car here." He explained.

"Oh!! Sorry boss for holding you back!!"

Ajay got out of the car scowling and muttered "Bloody attitude."

The driver revved up the car backwards with a screech and was gone in a jiffy.

Ajay controlled rolling his eyes with difficulty.

"What was that?" Shyam asked from the other end.

"Hmm nothing. Listen can you do me a favour ? again?" Ajay asked him in his most persuasive tone.

"Bastard!! First, you don't tell me you are attending the court in disguise, and now you are asking me a favour on top of it. If it wasn't for the great news you just told me, I would have killed you. Anyway... I am too nice for my own good. Tell me what do you want? If it is another Ghagra Choli, my answer is a straight NO." Shyam replied firmly.

" Shyam replied firmly

Ajay chuckled.

"No yaar no clothes this time. Take Sonali with you. Do a bit of shopping for yourself too. You know that new jewellery store that opened, next to the junction near your place. They are doing some sale, I have seen their ads splashed on every bloody front page of all the papers. They have a unique pair of rings they have on sale. They are calling it ELIXIR. You can't miss it. I really loved it.