Chapter 79

Nitin showered quickly and raced towards Vikram Chaudhary's house. On the way he picked up an envelope.

When he reached his house and entered the main hall, he found Vikram pacing the floor of his house like a wounded tiger, with a whisky glass in his hand.

There were large empty bottles of whisky lying on the table, and Secretary Dhanraj was looking nervously at him.

Nitin was wary on how to approach him at this juncture.

"Vikram Ji" He called softly.

Vikram lifted his bloodshot eyes at Nitin.

"You took your time." It was a question rather than a statement.

"I have a contact at the jail facility Kamal is being held at the moment. The moment the hearing was over, I contacted him and asked about the security arrangements there. He was adamant that they were watertight. But I asked him for pictures without telling him what they were for. I wanted to see if we can somehow break in and capture Kamal. But it looks almost impossible. It took some time to persuade my friend, but he finally relented and took some pictures. I had to go and collect them, that's why I got delayed."

Nitin held out the envelope in his hand.

Vikram threw the whisky glass away on to the floor and reached Nitin in two strides.

He opened the envelope eagerly and looked at the photographs. His eyes hungrily swept across all the photos. The pictures quality was not great as if they were taken with an old phone camera. But it showed from various angles the internal corridors and cells of inmates. There were sentries at multiple points and alarms and CCTV cameras fitted at every corner as well.

"Good job. Great!! Now call your friend right now, and tell him that Vikram Chaudhary wants to speak to him." He ordered Nitin.

"I want him to do the job for us, let him get Kamal escape from the prison and I will do the rest. Call him!! NOW!!!" Vikram's thundering voice boomed across the hall.

"Vikram Ji! You know that it doesn't work that way. He is a government employee. His job is his goose, and he lives by the commission he gets whenever he leaks information. I had to pay quite hefty sum for these photos. But he is not going to risk his job by helping you directly and lose his job.

As you can see, it would be very difficult to get Kamal out of the jail. We will have better luck while he is being transported. But after Ajay's death, even those security arrangements have been beefed up a lot. That Van is a bullet proof van and quite heavy duty." Nitin tried his best to explain the situation to the enraged Vikram.

"So what do you expect me to do? Just sit here and DO NOTHING." Bellowed Vikram.

He grabbed Nitin's collar and shook him with force. Dhanraj ran towards them and tried to free Nitin from Vikram's hands. But Nitin looked at him calmly. Vikram was surprised by Nitin's reaction. He was not used people to be not afraid of him. And strangely, instead of getting enraged more, he calmed down. He left Nitin's collar and staggered back to the lounge and collapsed.

"Dhanraj, make me one more large drink and make it stiff." He ordered.

Nitin signalled Dhanraj with his eyes to go ahead.

"Vikram Ji, you may not like what I am saying, but I am sure that police surveillance on you would be doubled, now that Kamal had been exposed as the killer of your brother. They are bound to suspect that you will try and seek your revenge. And that bloody lawyer Khurana had already appealed that you be brought as the next witness in the hearing."