Same way Khurana and Kabir Khan and Naseem were showered with all the respect and affection, as a mark of how close they have come to their family in such short time.

Everyone except Nitin, finished their meals and were happily lazing around, eating special paans prepared by Mrs Naseem Khan;

 Amrita stopped Saroj and Anjali going towards the kitchen to do the dishes.

"Aunty, please let me. You two have already done so much." Amrita volunteered and went towards the kitchen.

"Yes I can help with the dishes too." Ajay hurried behind her.

Everyone looked at each other but supressed their smiles.

Khurana began to ask Ganesh Chand about the latest automobile trends and what was the best valued car in the market, as he was planning to buy a new car.

Inside the kitchen, Amrita tucked her saree pallu into her waist and started cleaning up the food scraps before placing the dishes in the dishwasher.

Ajay walked in and hugged her from behind. Amrita supressed her shocked shriek just in time.

"What are you doing? Why are you here? Please go away before anyone comes." she pleaded.

"Ammu why do you say the same things like a record player ? I could understand when you said it 10 years ago in your kitchen on our first date. But now, even after we are married... you really are hopeless. What will anyone think? Like I care. You are my wife." Ajay hissed against her ears and hugged her even tighter.

His warm breath against her neck was making her toes curl, but Amrita was still worried that someone would walk in on them.

"Ajay! yes, I understand we are free to do this now, but it still wouldn't look good if someone walked in on us. Imagine how embarrassing it would be." She tried to reason with Ajay, as his feathery kisses were turning her all mushy.

"Ammu don't you trust me? Will I ever do anything that will make you feel embarrassed in front of our families? I am a trained police officer madam. I can move 10m away from you in a flash, if I even hear anyone approaching. Ok?" He nuzzled her even more.

Amrita was relieved to hear that.

She quickly pulled his head down and grabbed his mouth to show her appreciation.

"I am really glad to know that. But just 1m distance is enough for me. Why don't you try to help me with the dishes, so we can finish here quickly and go home early? Then we can spend more time with each other." She prayed inwardly, that her lovesick husband would find the incentive enticing enough.

Ajay sighed deeply as he let her go, and started placing the dishes in the dishwasher.

Sonali offered to help Anjali and Dr Sharma who wanted to pack their things as they were planning to leave for their hometown next day.

Indrajit noticed that Janaki Amma, who was sitting next to Nitin, was dozing off in the lounge. Nitin too quickly noticed this, and got up quickly to put his plate away in the kitchen.

He cleared his throat loudly as he entered kitchen, but thankfully found Ajay and Amrita actually doing the dishes.

"Amrita, please leave this cleaning to me. Your beautiful saree will get dirty in these chores. I think you should perhaps take Janaki Amma upstairs to the bedroom. She was dozing off in the lounge." Nitin explained smilingly.

"Oh!! Thanks Nitin, you are a gem." Amrita quickly washed her hands off and turned back, only to find DIG Indrajit observing them all, near the door with a smile on his face.