Chapter Sixty

Start bij het begin

Both were completely understandable. It was 2 in the morning where she was. 

I still need to work on my time management skills. 

"Lou..? Why are you calling..?" she asked, her voice hesitant and shaking. 

"I...I just...I missed you." I stuttered, still sort of surprised she answered. 

She lowered her gaze to the duvet, which was spread across her lap.

She didn't have any makeup on, and her hair was tied up in a loose bun. She was wearing one of my old t-shirts, and probably nothing else. I knew her well enough to know that.

"I missed you too." she said quietly.

"You..you uh. You missed the funerla.'' I informed her, shifting so that I was laying on my back,  my computer resting on my stomach. 

"I know." she said, and I swear I heard her voice break. 

"How are you doing?" I asked, squinting to try to look at her, it was hard, because it was so dark. 

"I'm alright..how are you holding up?" she replied. 

"Lu...please just..be honest." I told her. "I'm not doing great, and I can't picture you doing much better." 

She sighed. 

"I'm getting by. Harry...he kicked Caroline out. And broke up with her for me. But...I just dont know that I want a relationship with him right now. I feel it's too soon. I don't want a repeat of last time..." 

I felt my insides churn at the mention of Harry. He probably hated me. We hadn't spoken since I left to go after Lucy. I had pretty much been the cause of their divorce. Between my two best friends. God, I was such a terrible person. 

"Lu..you love him though. There's no denying it." I told her. 

 "I know! I just....don't want the same thing to happen again! I want..I want to make sure I'm ready for it this time. I need to. I can't...handle things not working out again." she whimpered, wiping a stray tear from her eyes. 

"You know I love you, right?" I asked. 

"Lou I can-'' 

"No hear me. out." I cut her off. "I love you. But. I'm not in love with you anymore. I mean, I am. But its not something I feel necessary to fight for anymore. Lucy, you're...you are my best friend. We have been..through so so much. And I just miss having you around. I want..to come back. To London. I AM coming back. But..I'm bringing somebody with me. I..think you'd like her? I just want to try to start over. And fix things with you. And Bella. And Harry. And the guys. Because it..hurts being pretty much alone over here." 

~*Lucy's POV*~ 

I kind of just...stared at him. Surprised. 

He had been saying everything I had been too afraid to say. Well. Minus the meeting somebody in the week we hadn't spoken. But. The starting over? And being alone? Yeah. That was how things were for me too. 

"I think..that that would be great." I smiled. 

I would have my best friend back. 

"Her name's Eleanor." he told me after a few minutes of silence.  "Eleanor Calder." 

I nodded, although the name didn't sound familiar. 

"Does she live in New York?" I asked. 

"No. She's from England. She's just doing a bit of work over here, she was going to be heading back in a week or so anyway, and I figured I'd come back with her. But....I wanted you to meet her." he said sheepishly. 

I couldn't help but feel slightly jealous of this girl. 

It was just a knee jerk reaction. I was so used to feeling jealous of any girls with Louis. But I was determined to be happy for him. He deserved it. I had put him through enough that I wanted him to be happy. And maybe this girl could do that for him. 

"Lou, I hate to say this, but I have to go. I'm exhausted. But..text me? My number's the same. Please? I can talk to Harry and the boys, and...get them ready for this? Because I don't know...how Harry would feel about this.." I admitted. 

I really didn't. We had just gotten on good terms. And...I didn't want to be all 'heyyy the guy I cheated on you with is coming back! :D' because...that wouldn't go over well. 

"Sounds good love. I'll text you or whatever. Talk later. Love you!" he said, flashing me a smile. 

I blew a kiss at the screen. 

"Love you too." I smiled before closing my laptop. 

I settled back into the bed, curling up into Harry. I was lucky he was such a heavy sleeper. 

"Goodnight." I whispered to him, kissing his nose gently, before drifting off into a peaceful sleep; I couldn't remember the last time I had done that.