Chapter 43

~*Lucy's POV*~

Now I was walking over to Niall's flat. He had called Harry and made up some excuse on why he couldn't watch Bella any longer, and was coming to HIS flat so we could talk, and he could help me get this all sorted. I may even be spending the night there just so I wouldn't have to go home and deal with this all right now. I didn't used to be like this. I used to be able to face my problems, but here I was, about to get on a plane to a whole new country. I honestly can't believe I was about to do this....

My phone had been buzzing in my pocket nonstop; Louis, Harry, Liam, all of them calling, texting, and leaving multiple voicemails. But...if I talked to them I would break down, and there was no way I'd be able to get on the plane.

People were giving me odd looks as I walked through the streets, which wasn't odd. I was used to people looking at me from being best friends with Louis, and then dating Harry, and then sort of having a thing with Louis, and then marrying Harry. Although now I have a feeling its more related to the fact they all thought I was some major slut who was cheating on Harry. Ugh. Well. I mean, I had been. But...it wasn't like we were separated. Which people assumed. God. That situation looked awful.....

I bounded up the stairs to Niall's apartment, pounding my fist against the door.

"Niallllllll I'm dyyyyyying." I whined, trying to peek at him through the peephole, which obviously didnt work.

I heard him laughing on the other side of the door, I'm guessing he had been looking in through the other end of the peek-hole thing.

"You can't be dying there's no blood." he teased.

I pretended to faint in his arms.

"I'm having a heart attack." I informed him with my eyes closed.

He chuckled and dragged me into his house, shutting the door behind us.

"So. You had better start explaining this now, because I refuse to help you one bit until I know what's going on."

Damn. Niall got seeeerious.

So I started at the beginning, explaining how pretty much, me leaving was for the best, I didn't want to hurt anyone anymore than I already had, or risk Louis' and Harry's careers. And if I took Bella WITH me it would be unfair to her and Harry. And Louis...I just couldnt stand to hurt him again. Having him kick me out today was it. I couldn't take knowing I had hurt him THAT badly again. If I left now, he would get over it. But of I fixed things and THEN left, it would hurt him more.

Niall looked thoughtfully at the wall behind me.

"So...in theory, you're doing the same thing Harry did to you four years ago."

"What?! No! This is completely different! Harry left ME so he could snog random girls and not feel guilty! I'm leaving because it's whats best for all of us!" I exclaimed.

Niall sighed and ran his hands exasperatedly through his hair.

"Even if I say no you're gonna do it anyway." he stated.

I nodded quickly. I couldn't back out of this now. Not after all of this.

He sighed again.

"Well I guess we'd better go get you a ticket then. I'll go check the flights leaving tomorrow."

I grinned at him excitedly.

"Thank you so much Niall!" I exclaimed, jumping into his lap and hugging him tightly.

He hugged me back but didn't say anything. Just kind of rubbed my back.

~*Niall's POV*~

I can't believe I agreed to help her do this. Harry would kill me. Louis would kill me. Liam would kill me. Hell, EVERYONE would. But at least if I was the one helping her, I could make sure everything was going to work out the right way. And I know where she would be, and finding her would be easy.