On A Stick

Toni's pov

I waited outside the bathroom pacing up and down the bedroom. I felt like I couldn't breathe my chest was tight and my whole body was tingling not in a good way. I knew Cheryl would be feeling this ten times more so I hsd to pull myself together for her. I had to be strong for her. However I felt like I was going to be sick with anticipation. I just wanted Cheryl to come out of the bathroom and tell me what was on that little white stick. I thought if I bought the pregnancy tests somehow it would mean we wouldnt actually need it and that I was just being a crazu over prepared fiancee. My heart felt like it was going to break through my rib cage. I sat down on the bed as I began to feel dizzy. I took some deep breaths and reminded myself that I had to remain and look calm for Cheryl coming out and she could come out of the bathroom at any moment. I didnt know what the outcome of this would be but I knew one thing for sure and that was that no matter what this little white stick said and whatever Cheryl decides I will be by her side the entire time. I mean it would be strange to know that we are the reason the babys father is dead but im sure we could just leave that out of the conversation since no one except the serpents know that.

"Cheryl are you okay?" I asked through the bathroom door.

I waited for her to answer me but I was met with silence, which just made me ten times more nervous. I sat down on the bed in hopes that it would make me look calmer than I actually am when Cheryl appeared. I looked down at my hand and I heard the bathroom door open. I immediately stood up and my eyes darted to Cheryl's face. Her eyes were red and puffy and she was holding two little white sticks in her hand. I ran over to her stopping a few inches in front of her. She stared at me not blinking as tears ran down her perfectly shaped face.

"I'm pregnant." She barely got the words out.