Probation

Cheryl's pov

Sheriff Keller led me into the room next door to the one I had just been in with Toni. I closed the door behind me and he stood against the wall furthest away from the door.

"Look Cheryl I know what you are going to say. She didn't do it. It couldn't be her. You know her and you know she couldn't do something like that but it doesnt really matter what you say it doesn't change anything her knife was found in the victim." He crossed his arms.

"She didn't do it because she was with me the entire day she didnt leave my side for even a second. So no it wasn't her and to be honest sheriff how do you even know what is Toni's knife it could be anyones." I raised my eye brow.

"It had Toni's finger prints on it along with her initials."

"Well that doesn't mean anything since she was with me and I will be her alibi because I know she didn't do it. We didn't even see Midge that day!" I was beginning to get frustrated I couldn't understand why the fact I was with Toni the entire day wasn't registering in his tiny brain.

Just as he was about to speak another officer burst through the door.

"Sir we found another set of prints on the knife that was used to kill Midge Clump and we have already brought them in. Do you want to question him just now?" He asked.

"Who is it?" Sheriff Keller asked.

The officer looked at me briefly before answering. "Fangs Fogarty."

"Thank you Tom." Sheriff Keller dismissed him. "Looks like it might be Toni's lucky day. Sheriff Keller left the room.

This was anything but Toni's lucky day she would plead guilty just yo protect Fangs even though neither of them done it. I ran out of the room after him.

"What is going to happen with Toni? Can I take her home?" I asked.

"At the moment she can go home with you but she isn't to leave town and I will have her back in here in a heart beat if any other evidence pops up that points to her."

I ran into the room Toni was in and she looked up at me surprised.

"Come on we need to go." I put my hand out to her and she took it.

I pulled her out of her seat and towards the door.

"Cheryl whats going on?" She asked.

"Don't freak out but they have brought Fangs in they found his finger prints on your knife but we need to get out of here." I pulled her out of the room and towards the two massive doors out of the station.

"Stop what are you talking about Fangs didn't hurt Midge he couldn't hurt a fly to be honest." Toni tried to pull me back but I pulled her out of the station and towards my car.

"We can't leave him there alone." Toni looked at me angrily.

"We're not." I pulled out my phone and called back the lawyer I got for Toni.

Toni's pov

Someone was setting up the serpents. I didn't kill Midge and I knew that Fangs didn't either. He liked Midge a lot more than anyone else knew. He wouldn't hurt her.