Nana Rose

This chapter is kind of a flashback to how Toni ended up with Nana Roses ring in the chapter Cheryl found out her mother died.

Cheryl's pov

I stopped at my nana's room door. I wasn't sure what to expect behind the door. The doctor wasn't exactly telling me

"Hi nana."

My nanas eyes darted straight to me and a small smiled spreas across her face.

"Cheryl."

I walked over to her sitting on the seat next to her bed. I took her hand gently. It was so fragile. I could feel every bone.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"Where is Toni? Is she not here with you?" She ignored my question.

"She is just finding somewhere suitable to park her bike. She'll be here soon."

"Good." Her smile was so weak.

"Thistle house is very lonely without you." I confessed.

She didnt say anything. There were a few moments of silence.

"Hi nana Rose." Toni smiled as she came behind me.

"Toni." My nana sat up slightly.

"Cheryl can you get me a bottle of water." My nana asked.

"Of course." I got out of my seat and placed my hand on top of Toni's as I moved around the seat.

Toni's pov

"Before she comes back there is something I must say." Nana Rose took off the only ring she had left on.

"Do you need help?" I offered.

She shook her head as she slid it off.

"She is special." My nana smiled. "You know she is. You love her yes?"

"Yes nana Rose." I replied.

"This ring was my mothers she gave it to me when she died. Her mother had given it to her."

"Im sure Cheryl's mother had her eye on it." I joked.

"Cheryl is very important to you?" She asked.

"Yes very much nana rose."

"Then take her as yours." She smiled as she placed the ring she took off in my hand.

"Nana Rose I can't.." I started.

"You can dear. I knew it from the moment you walked through the door of thistle house with Cheryl."

"Knew what?" I jumped and turned to see Cheryl making her way back into the room.

"Oh nothing." I lied.

"Nana.."

"Life is short, Love is rare and happiness is vital."

Cheryl looked at her nana confused.

I looked down at the ring in my hand. I knew what she wanted me to do but it was too soon. She didn't seem to think so.