Surgery

Cheryl's pov

By the time we got to the hospital I had the feeling in my legs back. Jughead had barely stopped before I jumped off and ran straight through the hospital doors. I stopped in front of the reception and looked around frantically searching for FP or any sign that would lead me to Toni. Jughead and the rest of the serpents caught up with me Betty running behind them.

"We are looking for Toni Topaz she just came in with a bullet wound." Jughead told the receptionist.

"Sorry no Toni Topaz on the system." She replied.

Jughead turned to us confused and for a moment I was hit with confusion and panic.

"Antoinette Topaz." I shouted not realising how loud I was.

"Yes she has been taken into surgery just now. If you want to go into the waiting roon just to your left a doctor will come through and speak to you soon." The receptionist pointed to the door on the left.

I let out a blood curdling scream unable to say or do anything else. Betty put her arm over me leading me to the waiting room. I could hear the receptionist saying surgery over and over again in my head. When we got to the room FP was pacing back and forth.

"Dad have you heard anything?" Jughead asked.

All of the serpents bundled into the waiting room after Betty and I.

"Apparently the bullet has missed all major organs but the bullet is stuck inside." FP stopped pacing. "What exactly happened Cheryl?"

"Dad not just now." Jughead lead Betty who lead me over to the seats with the rest of the serpents.

I could see all of the serpents staring at me as I walked past but I just stared at the wall ahead. They all got up and followed me over to the other side of the room sitting on the chairs near by. After ten minutes of silence I finally spoke.

"You all don't have to wait here with me you can go sit somewhere else if you would rather or I can go sit outside." 

I knew that they all loved Toni and wanted her to be okay I just couldn't understand why they would sit with me instead of anywhere else in the room.

"Look you are Toni's girl now so that makes you one of us." Sweetpea nodded to me. 

"Cheryl the serpents are a family and we wouldn't leave you and Toni alone through this." Jughead smiled.

"What happened Cheryl?" Betty asked.

"I got her out. The black hood appeared after i had untied her. We fought him and when we got outside he ran after us shooting his gun." I paused. "I thought he missed. I thought we got out okay until we got home." I began to cry which was interrupted by someone else entering the waiting room.

I looked up to see a doctor standing in the door way with his white coat on. 

"I'm looking Antoinette Topaz's family?" He looked around at us all.

"That's us." FP answered.

"Well she is out of surgery it went well, as you know the bullet didn't hit any of her major organs but we got the bullet out." He explained.

"Can we see her?" Jughead asked.

"Maybe only one of you just now." The doctor replied.

Everyone in the room turned to me.

"Cheryl it should be you." FP half smiled.

I looked round at the rest of the serpents who all nodded. I followed the doctor out of the waiting room.

Only 5 more days if you want to send me a message to write in the fanbook for Madelaine and Vanessa