What Now?

Cheryl pov

I slammed the door behind me and seen Toni standing beside Jugheads motorbike. I smiled at her and she smiled back.

"Cheryl bombshell is back." She shouted to me.

I ran over to her and flung my arms around her. My heart was pounding in my chest and she hugged me.

"So what now?" She asked.

I pulled away from her and smiled.

"Now we go to pops for a milkshake while she packs up her stuff."

"Sounds good." Toni climbed on to the motorbike.

I climbed on behind Toni once again wrapping my arms around her waist.

"So what actually happened in there?" She asked.

"I'll tell you it all at pops." I smiled to myself.

Toni pov

We sat in a booth waiting for our milkshakes while Cheryl told me what she had said to her mom. She didn't stop smiling the entire time. I could see that she was proud of herself.

"What secrets were you talking about?" I asked.

"No idea I don't know any of their secrets but now she thinks I do and I knew if there were any they would be bad enough that she would rather move out than have everyone in town know them." Her mind was magnificent.

"How do you feel knowing you will be able free of her vile hatred?"

"Its not like I'm not used to it she has been like that to me for as long as I can remember, but I am looking forward to not fearing for my life at night."

"That's the only sad part I guess."

"What is?" Cheryl asked confused.

"Well you won't need me to stay with you again since you are safe again with them no longer there."

"Of course I will!" She insisted. "In fact I think you should stay over tonight. I mean it will be just me alone in that house while Nana Rose is in hospital, if you want to?"

"I'd be honoured." I smiled as I placed my hand on top of Cheryl's.

At first she jumped slightly when my hand touched hers but she relaxed and smiled.