Midge's Funeral

Cheryl's pov

After nearly a month of the police keeping Midge's body to be examined over and over again, we were finally able to have her funeral. Her mother had organised everything including the vixens part in it. I stood next to Toni holding her hand tightly surrounded by the other vixens all in our cheerleading uniforms. I was getting really tired of going to funerals and again for someone who didn't deserve to die. Midge's mom was standing surrounded by other parents across from us. I stared at Midge's coffin covered in flowers. I clenched my teeth trying to hold back my tears. I stood silently holding back any tears that threatened to fall through the entire ceremony. Just as Midge's coffin was lowered I stepped forward and everyone turned to face me.

"Cheryl what are you doing?" I could hear Toni whisper as I stepped away from her.

"My fellow vixens, bulldogs and the rest of Riverdale. I am here to say this needs to end now. We need to find the person responsible for the death of our fall vixen. Midge did not deserve this! She deserved a full life of happiness and love and she most definitely didn't deserve to die the way she did. I vow that I will not rest until Midge's killer is caught!" I stepped back to be with the rest of my vixens.

As I made it back to them Toni took my hand and squeezed it. 

"I am so proud of you and so proud to call you my fiance." Toni whispered. 

Everyone began to break apart slowly. Sheriff Kellar walked up to Toni and tapped her shoulder.

"I need you to come with us." He said.

"What? No. Why?" Toni looked at me scared.

"What is this about?" I demanded an answer.

"Antoinette Topaz you are under arrest for suspicion of first degree murder." I watched in horror as the girl I love was being handcuffed in front of the entire town at our fallen friends funeral.