Toni's Knife

Cheryl's pov

I got Toni the best lawyer money could buy and she was probably the lawyer my father would have used if he didn't kill himself after everyone found out he killed Jayjay. No one would tell me anything. They only had another hour to charge or they would need to let her go that much I did know. I looked down at my hand and spun my ring around my finger. I wouldn't be having this problem of knowing nothing if we were already married. Jughead kept pacing past me and had been for over an hour, while Betty sat next to me twiddling her thumbs and repeatedly asking me if I am okay. 

"Jughead will you stop!" I finally snapped.

I heard a door open and my head shot up. It was Toni's lawyer. I jumped out my seat and ran towards her.

"What's going on?" I asked. 

"They have evidence and its very tight evidence that was found on the body." She explained.

"Then why haven't they charged her?" 

"Because they want a confession and they want more evidence that Toni was pretending to be the black hood and killed Midge." 

"If she doesnt get out what kind of bail are we talking?" I asked.

"Honestly I couldnt say exactly but it would be a lot considering the crime."

"Look I will pay anything I have enough but she wont be staying in here!"

"They have less than an hour to charge her and since the sheriff isnt here it doesn't look like they will manage to charge Miss Topaz but it doesnt mean shes in the clear it just means that they will be gathering more evidence so that they have a solid case." She explained.

"Do what ever you need to do to get her out of here and make sure she doesn't get taken away from me." I must have sounded pathetic but there has been so many times I have nearly lost Toni and I wasn't willing to have this lie tear us apart especially when I had planned our wedding in my head already.

"Of course." She nodded.

"Can I see her now?" I asked.

"I'll see what I can do." She headed over to the reception desk.

"Whats going on?" Jughead asked as he marched over to me.

"Its not looking good apparently they found Toni's knife in Midge but her lawyer is trying to get me in to see her." I explained.

"Toni didn't hurt Midge!" Jughead scowled.

"I know Toni was with me the entire time it happened and before it and I'll be telling Sheriff useless that when he gets here."

"Look Jug maybe we should go just now and let the other serpents know whats going on." Betty joined us.

"Okay but you need to text or call one of us if you find anything out Cheryl." Jughead requested.

"Of course she will." Betty reassured Jughead before I even got to answer.

Betty hugged me before they both left the station and I was left standing myself. I stood for a few seconds staring over at Toni's lawyer whilr she spoke to one of the officers. She turned to me and nodded. I spun around on the spot and ran into the room Toni was in. As soon as I opened the door Toni's head shot up, her eyes wide and red like she had been crying.

"Cheryl." She jumped out of her seat and ran into my arms.

"Its okay." I reassured her as I held her close and stroked her hair.

"I don't know whats going on I didn't hurt Midge." She cried.

"I know, I know you didnt." I took her face into my hands and held it. "Everything is going to be okay. I promise I've got you the best lawyer money can buy and I'm already your alibi."

I kissed through her tears. It took a lot for Toni to cry and in this moment I knew I wanted to fix everything that makes her cry and I was going to start with this.

"They have less than an hour to charge or they need to let you go and as soon as sheriff keller gets here I'm going to tell him that I was with your during the assembly and before it so it couldn't be you."

Toni nodded as I wiped the tears from her face. "I love you so much and I am going to fix it. So no more crying we have a wedding to plan and we have to go tell my nana." I gave her a small smile.

"I love you too." Toni threw her arms around me once again and I held on to her as tightly as I possibly could.

The door behind us opened and Sheriff Keller appeared.

"Cheryl its time to go."

"Actually its time we had a talk." I kissed Toni once again and gave her a reassuring smiled before heading out the room.