Leaving

Toni's pov

It wasn't as hard of a decision as I hard originally thought it would be. Not leaving with the serpents didn't mean I was leaving them or that I was no longer a serpent. Its just meant that I couldn't leave my family behind and that now was Cheryl. Nana Rose's ring felt heavier in my pocket as I stood with my arm around Cheryl while all of the serpents said goodbye.

"Jughead isn't leaving either." Betty confessed while Jughead was with FP loading up some of the other serpents suitcases.

"Is anyone else staying?" I asked.

"Sweetpea and Fangs are coming back after they help the others settle in." 

"I didn't think that there would be a time when you would know what was happening with the serpents before me." I laughed.

"You've been busy." Betty smiled looking at hand in Cheryl's. "I'm happy for you, you know. Cheryl is.... Cheryl and this is the first time I've seen her truly happy since Jason."

I looked at Cheryl who was in her own world on her phone, not hearing anything Betty had said. 

"Cousin Betty can I speak to you." Cheryl looked up from her phone.

"Sure." Betty and Cheryl wandered off and I headed over to see FP.

Cheryl's pov

"Whats wrong Cheryl?" Betty asked. "I thought you would be happy Toni's staying for you and I think she made it pretty clear to every one out there that she is incredibly in love with you."

I looked behind me to check that Toni wasn't watching. She was now over talking to FP and Jughead.

"Oh cousin Betty how could anything be wrong?" I smiled as I stopped beside the river. 

Betty looked at me confused. "Why did you want to speak to me Cheryl?"

"Well while Toni was choosing me I felt something in her pocket stabbing into me." I smiled. "And while she was speaking to you I sneaked a peak."

"Cheryl..."

"My nana's ring was in Toni's pocket."

"What?" Betty looked at me shocked. "Why would Toni have your nana's ring?"

"There is only one way she would have that ring and that would be if my nana gave it to her and the only reason my nana would give her it and it would be the same reason that she gave Jason her other ring the one I gave to Toni." 

"You think Toni is going to propose?" Betty asked.

"Why else would she keep the ring"

"Cheryl I don't know if you are thinking straight." 

"CHERYL! BETTY!" Jughead called us back over.

"Betty I know you probably think I'm crazy but I just know." 

"I hope you are right Cheryl." 

We walked back over to the crowd of serpents as they began to climb on their motorbikes. 

"I'll be back in the morning." FP told Jughead and Jughead nodded.

Toni put her hand out to me and she pulled me in to her kissing me.

"What do you want to do tonight?" She asked.

"Anything just as long as it's only us." I smiled.