School Shooting Part 1

Toni's pov

When we got to school I went to see Jughead to ask him to be my best man along with Fangs and Sweetpea, while Cheryl went to the library to print out ten versions of save the dates so we could choose one. Seeing her so happy and excited made each day worth all of the bad stuff that happened and today she seemed considerably happy now that things were starting to come together more for the wedding, and Jason was here for it. As I rounded the corner leaving Cheryl at the library there were three loud bangs, gun shots. The hall way was flooded with students as they ran. I began to turn back to get to Cheryl in the library when I was pulled in the opposite direction and into a classroom. The door was locked behind me with tables and chairs being moved towards the door by the other students in the room. I didn't want to be in here. I couldnt be in here I needed out of this room. I began to storm towards the door but was pulled back. I turned to see Fangs and Jughead holding each of my arms pulling away from the door.

"No let me go." I shouted as I fought them both.

Fangs covered my mouth.

"Are you crazy? There's someone out there with a gun be quiet Toni." Jughead whispered.

Both of the boys pulled me back away from the door and sat me down on the floor against the wall furthest from the door. They sat one of them at either side of me. My heart was pounding I had to get to Cheryl. I had to make sure she was safe.

"I can't sit here." I whispered.

"Just wait Toni." Fangs replied.

I sat on the floor in the class room staring at the wall and all I could think about was Cheryl. She could be hurt or worse. I felt sick and knew I couldn't just sit here. Not when Cheryl was in the library without me possibly alone or hurt. I stood up and Jughead tried to pull me back down.

"What are you doing?" He whispered.

"Cheryl is out there. I am not sitting in here without her." I replied.

I pushed Jughead off of me and made my way to the door pushing my way past everyone who tried to stop me. I moved the tables that had been pushed up against the door and finally made it outside with everyone in the room trying to get me back in. I closed the door behind me quietening them. I looked both ways along the hallway before I headed in the direction of the library. When I reached the corner I heard a gun shot and screams coming from the direction of the library.