Prompto x Reader(OC)- Oblivious

*(A/N)- Winter is you*

"Come on, just tell the poor guy already," Gladio mused with an annoying smirk on his face. Words couldn't describe the amount of embarrassment Winter was feeling. Every single day, both Noct and Gladio (and sometimes even Winter's brother, Ignis) would tease the girl about her crush on their friend, Prompto. Every time they did, Winter's face would become the equivalent colour of an apple. What made it even worse was that they would pester her more in Prompto's very presence. Of course, the guy was completely oblivious to it all.

"Can you guys just please stop annoying me for one day? Is that really too much to ask?" Winter complained, her green eyes shooting daggers at the two young men in front of her. Normally, the girl was quite bubbly and carefree, but when anyone teased her about Prompto, the poor souls definitely felt her wrath. Both the prince and his shield simply gave a smirk in response.

"Sorry, but we just can't help it. I mean, It's Prompto after all," Noct replied with a chuckle in his voice. Winter's eyes narrowed. What was so wrong with Prompto that they would make fun of the girl for liking him? Sure, he was a bit of a child at times, but he was an overall nice and sweet guy.

"Now, now. I do not want to hear this pointless bickering all day," Ignis stated as he continued stirring a pot of soup over the fire. The whole gang was currently camping out as the next town was over 10 hours away and the sun was already starting to set.

"Hey... Speaking of which, where is Prompto?" Gladio suddenly asked, looking around. That statement made everybody realize it too. They hadn't seen the freckled blonde in over an hour. He said that he was going to take pictures of the wildlife nearby... but it wouldn't have taken him that long to do it.

"Prompto?" Noct called out, his voice echoing amongst the small hills. There was no response.

"Prompto!" Winter called out also. Still no response. Ignis sighed.

"There's no telling where he would have gone to," he said.

"I'm guessing we have to go and find him before it gets really late," Gladio replied.Before another word was said, everyone heard a scream echo in the distance.

"Shh!" Winter interjected, worrying that what she heard was real. Unfortunately, that fear was confirmed when the yell happened again, except more pronounced to the point where everyone knew whose voice it was.

"Prompto!"

***

Winter, Noct, Gladio, and Ignis all rushed to the source of the frantic sounds. Prompto was surrounded by an overwhelming number of MTs. Suddenly, the boy was knocked to the ground and the MT closest to him was ready to shoot him down.

"No!" Winter yelled on impulse and began running towards the danger.

"Winter!" Ignis yelled, trying to stop his younger sister, but it was futile. She wouldn't stop running and started to slash the MTs in half. Soon, their attention turned to her and Winter quickly found herself surrounded instead.

"Come on! We gotta help her!" Noct exclaimed and began fighting the MTs as well. Ignis and Gladio soon followed.

"Thanks, guys! I would have been dead!" Prompto said while shooting his gun at his enemies.

"You're gonna be dead as soon as we're done!" Gladio roared as he fought.

"Hehe. Easy there, big guy," Prompto chuckled nervously.

***

After a long, tiring battle, all the MTs were nothing but pieces of metal scattered all over the ground. Everyone was exhausted, sweating, and trying to catch their breaths.