Ace x OC- Cute Help

*(A/N)- If you would like to know more about this OC, you can go and visit my good friend, FantasyLightning

Serena woke up in a room that was unfamiliar to her. Looking around, it seemed like some kind of cabin room, like a lodge hotel. There wasn't much in it, just a few windows, a bed on which the girl was laying, and two tall bright lamps beside it.

As Serena tried to sit up, she was forced to flop back down as searing, vile pain shot through her brain.

"Aahh- gh" she groaned. Looking down at her body, she was met with the sight of it being covered with bandages and casts. Some of which were decorated with blood oozing the surface of the white fabric. As she laid still, she got the sensation of something around her head. Another bandage.

Suddenly, the door on the far left creaked open.

"Hello? Are you up?"

Serena shifted her head, ever so slowly, to the voice. There was a blonde boy with what looked like some type of uniform. He had a large white bowl in his hands and a towel draped over one shoulder.

"W-Who are you?!" Serena asked.

"I'm Ace. I was called to take care of you," he replied, walking toward the girl.

"Where am I? What happened to me? Who brought me here?"

"Whoa, whoa, hey. Can't answer a hundred questions at once y'know."

Serena tried to get up gingerly so that there would be less pain, but it didn't help.

"Argh..." she uttered.

"Hey, I wouldn't get up just yet if I were you," Ace said, placing Serena down on the bed, "From looking at you, I'd say every bone in your body was broken." She glared at him. Ace tensed up at Serena's cold stare. "Sorry."

"How did I get here?" she asked again, but with more hostility in her voice.

"Well, from what I heard, one of my teammates found you on the side of a road, beaten and unconscious. Sadly, that's all I know..." the blonde replied, scratching the back of his head.

Serena looked at him a few moments. He sounded genuine.

"So, do you remember how you got that way?" Ace asked.

"... ..."

"...Well?..."

"I... don't...remember...

...anything."

***

Serena ate greedily at the food she was given. Ace sat on the wooden chair beside the bed.

"So..." he interjected, breaking the silence, "You don't remember anything about your past, but you remember your name?"

"For the last time, YES!" Serena confirmed through a full mouth. It had been a week since she had awoken. She was healing smoothly, but still had a lot more to go. Also during that week, Ace and Serena had become...'friends' in a way. It wasn't as smooth-going as the healing unfortunately.

"Okay, okay! Just asking," Ace said.

"Yeah, well, you ask it too much," Serena joked.

"Yeah, well you eat too much."

Serena threw a leftover bone at Ace. It hit him square in the head.

"Ow!" he whined, holding the middle of his forehead with his palm.

"Haha! That's what you get!"

"Hmph. Very funny."

"It was."

"Sure it was..."

*

Soon, the plate was empty.

"Phew! I'm stuffed," Serena exclaimed, flopping down on the bed.

"And here, I thought you'd never stop," Ace joked. Serena gave him a glare again. He tensed and gulped. "Just joking..."

The injured girl couldn't help but smile after seeing his reaction.

"You're cute," she said out of the blue. Ace snapped his head in her direction, widened his eyes, and blushed.

"What!?" he asked.

"You're just adorable when you're scared, you know that?"

This caused Ace to blush darker and look away.

"You're cute, too," he whispered.

"Huh?" Serena asked, not catching what the boy had said.

"Nothing."

A short silence fell upon the room.

"Well, you better go back to sleep if you want to heal more," Ace said as he stood from the chair and took the plate.

"What are you? My dad?" Serena asked defensively. Ace sighed.

"Look, Serena, I'm here to help you, just like all my teammates are."

"Sure you are."

"I am!"

"Hey, I'm just messing with you. And thank you for trying to help me, really."

Ace subconsciously put his hand over Serena's. She blushed lightly at the contact.

"Of course," Ace said with a warm smile gracing his lips. Serena blushed a hue brighter at seeing the expression. However, Ace's warm comfort was cut short as he realized he was touching her hand.

"W-Well, I-I gotta go now," he stuttered as he paced out of the room.

Serena studied the door at which Ace had left. Then smiled.

"Cute."

END-(REQUESTS CLOSED!)