Noctis Lucis Caelum x Reader- Bride

*Dedicated to FantasyLightning and white4nim4l*

Silently reading a book of poetry in the royal library, you looked over and saw your fiance laying on the leather sofa, looking at the ceiling, arms crossed behind his head. You stared at him for a while. It's hard to believe that in only two weeks, you would be his wife, and he, your husband. 

You and Noctis had grown up together, but it seemed like you didn't have a real connection. You two didn't have much in common and both of you were really shy, but had masked it by acting like someone else. You really wanted to share a loving bond with him, since you two would be spending the rest of your lives together. If this awkward emptiness continued between you two, it would definitely be a dull life. For the last decade, you were doing the same thing as when you were children, sitting in silence. 

As you continued to stare at Noctis, you started to notice that he's actually really handsome. His hair was blacker than black, his skin was a perfect light pink, his figure was very intimidating, and attractive. You blushed and mentally slapped yourself and looked back at your book. 

'Bad thoughts, bad thoughts!' you think. But..... then again, he is practically yours to begin with. You looked back at Noctis and found him staring at you this time. Your lips twitched into a tiny smile as your eyes met. He looked away and closed his eyes, but you saw he had a light dust of pink on his cheeks. You giggled inwardly.

'He's adorable when he's embarrassed' you said to yourself. Just then, a thought popped into your head. You knew it was out of the blue, but you wanted to try it.... no...... you had to try it. 

"......Noctis?...." you said shyly, flopping your book closed on your lap. 

"Yeah?" he replied smoothly, eyes still closed. You got off your chair and started to walk up to him. Once you were looming over him for a few moments you finally asked;

"Do you mind if we kiss?"

Noctis's eyes flew open the moment you said that, his cheeks burned with red.

"Wait.....why would you ask that........?" he asked, clearly confused and flushed.

"Well, our wedding's two weeks from today and I would like it if we started to do.... what couples do..... I don't want us to just sit in silence forever...." you confessed, averting your gaze from his. Looking back at the man below you, his eyes were wide and you could tell that his face was a hundred degrees. After about a minute of silence, he let out a big gulp and sat up. Noctis tried to put on his normal cool face, but his blush got in the way; you giggled at the sight. 

Not wanting to waste any time, you connected your lips with his without warning. You could tell he was taken aback by the suddenness of the kiss, but after you felt him perk his lips out and return the gesture. The kiss was chaste and innocent, both of you clearly didn't have any experience in this field. The kiss ended after everything got quiet. You looked away and closed your eyes, embarrassed. Just as you were trying to get up, you felt your arms being pulled down and you crashed right onto Noctis. Your face was burning and your head spinning.

"Noctis, what are yo-" you were abruptly cut off by him grabbing the back of your head and pulling you down towards him in a more, not-so-innocent, kiss. You shut your eyes tight and let Noctis do what he wanted. You knew you couldn't get away. Kiss after kiss, you became more melted in his arms. You felt your lips becoming swollen as time passed. Once you broke for air, he started pecking every inch of your neck. You sighed shakily.

"I can see myself getting used to this," you heard him mumble. You smiled.

"I can, too." 

Both of you forgot that the library door was wide open. King Regis was walking through the hall and heading to the library to get the book of poetry you had borrowed from him. Once he got to the door, he was stopped dead in his tracks. Noctis was still kissing your neck, while you were giggling, both of you laying on the couch. Regis backed away and walked back the way he came, with a smile on his face.

'Good job, son' he thought.

END