Ravus Nox Fleuret x Reader- Still There

Dedicated to AmiErmac

You woke up. Sweat covered your whole body, yet it was quite chilly inside the grand room. A sigh escaped your lips. Waking up in the middle of the night was becoming a routine in the last few weeks. You proceeded to try and drift off to sleep... until you realized that the bed was lighter than it should be. You turned around and found the other side empty. You gazed around the room and soon found what, or rather who, you were looking for.

Slowly slipping out of the sheets, you grabbed your silk robe and walked towards the man near the veranda, his form dark from the night sky and yet had a white aura around him from the moon's light.

"Ravus?" you asked gently. He turned to you slightly, the visible half of his perfect, masculine face shined from the milky glow.

"You have awoken," he stated in a calm, yet uneasy tone. You draped the blue robe over your arms as you continued to step closer to him.

"You're not sleeping," you replied back, leaning against his side.

"I'm afraid I cannot."

"And why so?"

Silence settled between the two of you for a long moment. You were afraid that he wasn't going to answer at all. You turned to him. There was a deep frown on his brow, his jaw hardened, and his eyes were almost completely black as he stared off into the distance. It terrified you to a small degree. You decided to ignore the question you asked and looked up to the night sky above. The stars created a thick, white blanket of diamonds across the black background. It was your favourite thing to look at and admire, other than your lover's face, but his visage wasn't exactly the greatest thing to feast your eyes on at the moment.

"It's all their fault," Ravus blurted out suddenly, his voice nothing more than a low growl. It startled you a little as you faltered a step to the side.

"Hm?" you hummed, too afraid to speak.

"That cursed Lucis. They will pay for what they have done to us. To my kingdom. To my mother. To Lunafreya. I will make them suffer for it."

Now you were starting to get it. He was still bitter over his past, his tragic past. You were there for some of it, but not for the hardest of his experiences. Which you regretted, but you had no control over it. Ravus always rushed you from trouble when it came and you tried your best to come back quickly, but it was always too late to see what happened. And every time something happened, he would become less and less of the kind, honest, and honorable Ravus you once knew.

His face hardened even more. You could see his fists tighten as he gripped the edge of the balcony.

"Ravus..." you whispered, gingerly putting a hand to his cheek. He exhaled a small breath through his nose as he closed his eyes and leaned into your touch, his pale blonde hair swaying in the cool night's breeze. Slowly, he lifted his hand up to cup yours as he faced you fully. There was sadness in his eyes.

"I'm sorry," he said in a low voice.

"Don't be," you said. Ravus turned to you fully and stepped closer. You were nothing but a petite little figure compared to him. It made you shiver. He cupped your chin and put the other hand on your shoulder.

"You're all I have, my dear (y/n). I would never forgive myself if anything happened to you. I'm very happy to have you by my side and call you mine. "

You smiled.

"I'm glad."

Ravus looked at you with utter love and adoration. His thumb went up and softly skimmed over your lips. You reached up and put your hands on his chest, feeling his rising heartbeat. Soon, your lips melted together, both sets resting perfectly against each other. You felt tingles go through your spine at his loving touch, it made you forget how to breathe. You both withdrew after a few long moments.

And for the first time in a long while, he smiled.

Even though Ravus had changed due to all the hardships he went through, the man you fell in love with so many years ago was still there.

END-(REQUESTS CLOSED!)