Auron x Reader- Te Amo

Auron's eyes keenly scanned the woman a few meters away. You were different, that's for sure. You had a uniqueness to you, a one of a kind appearance and personality. Why did he find you so interesting? Was it your looks? Your persona? Was it your accent? He wasn't sure.

"Hey, Tidus, stop being mean to Rikku," you stated as you spotted the blonde teasing the girl by stretching his hand in the air, which had her shoe, as she tried jumping to reach the height.

"Okay, okay, sheesh... It was just a joke," he claimed as he gave Rikku her shoe back.

"Yeah? Well, that ain't funny, esè."

Unbeknownst to everyone, especially you, Auron's silent interest in you grew a fraction as another foreign word flew from your exquisite voice. You had quite the tendency to intermix English words with your native language. If he remembered correctly, you said it was called... Spanish?

Whatever it was called, he certainly never heard of it and was keen on knowing a little bit more about you.

***

It was dusk and the sunset was shining perfectly over the village you were currently in. You inhaled a satisfying amount of cool, crisp air, enjoying your peaceful surroundings as you sat on the edge of a porch. You were so distracted by the beautiful front view that you failed to notice or sense the man standing behind you.

"(Y/n)?"

The voice startled you a little and caused you to turn your body to see Auron. A faint blush clouded your cheeks upon seeing your long time crush standing so closely to you.

"Oh, hey, amigo," you said shyly as you turned around to hide your strawberry-coloured face. Auron then took a seat beside you, much to your excitement and discomfort.

"You really put Tidus in his place today and that's usually my job. You do it better than I do."

Your blush increased in colour as you realized you were being praised upon.

"Gracias," you said in a shy tone. Seeing the opportunity, Auron turned to you.

"Gracias...?" he repeated.

"Uh-That means thank you!" you rushed.

"Hm..."

The two of you sat in near to complete silence for the next few minutes. In order to distract yourself from the awkward atmosphere, you continued to gaze at the orange, red, and pink sky above, admiring it's natural beauty.

"(Y/n)?" Auron asked, breaking the silence.

"Yes?"

"How do you say 'I love you' in your native tongue?"

You turned your head to gaze at the man beside you. His one opened eye gazing intently at you, waiting for your answer. You were quite baffled to say the least. Why would he want to know that out of all phases? You were so perplexed by his question that you hadn't realized you had been staring at him for a short while.

"Well?" the man asked, breaking you out of your trace. You blinked and turned to the front, hoping he didn't see the pink blush on your cheeks.

"Uh... Te amo," you replied. Your blush increased as you realized you said the very words that you always wanted to say to him. However, you knew he thought that there wasn't any real meaning to the words since he asked for them.

"(Y/n)?"

You turned to look at the man again, who's body was now facing you. Unexpectedly, his gloved fingers snaked up and gently traced your warm, red cheekbone. You were completely in shock and surprise at his affectionate gesture.

"Te amo," he stated, saying the words just right. Your (e/c) eyes widened as your heart began to pump wildly against your chest.

"W-What?" you asked, unable to believe that what you heard was actually real.

"I love you," Auron said. It was as though your lungs had been crushed as air seemed to go neither in nor out.

"Y-You do?"

"Would I say it if I didn't?"

He did have a point. Auron never said anything he didn't mean.

"I-I..." You were completely lost for words. The man you love, whom you thought was incapable of loving you back, actually did.

"You what?" he asked, leaning closer to you. You tilted your head down in embarrassment as you gazed into his eyes.

"Te amo."

You could see a tiny smile appear on Auron's face behind his cloak.

"I'm glad."

With that, he engulfed you in a long and secure hug as you both continued to gaze at the beautiful, beaming sunset.

END