Jack x Reader- Joking

Jack had a list out in front of him. It contained numerous jokes, compliments, and pick up lines which he'd gathered from all his friends, and some which he had thought of himself.

Why is he doing this you may ask?

He wanted to impress you.

Ever since Jack laid his bright blue eyes on your face, he couldn't get enough of it.

(Y/n) was the most beautiful thing on earth for all he knew and with a prominent personality to match.

---

Due to this, practically every boy in class 0 tried to ask you out, all of which you had turned down. You had your sparkling (e/c) eyes on only one of them...

And that was Jack.

However, you thought he didn't really like you in general because every time you would try to get a glimpse of his handsome face and seductive eyes, he would look away from you.

***

You were walking around your favourite library, trying to find a good book to read. Unbeknownst to you, Jack was hiding behind the nearest wall, looking at you nervously because he was planning to put his charm and his overly practiced pickup lines to the test today.

He leaned against the wall, rubbed his palms together, and took a deep breath.

'I hope this works... What if she says no? What if she likes someone else... like Ace...? No! Even if she doesn't like me now, I'll keep trying. Here it goes.'  Jack thought as he stood up straight, fixed and perfected his clothes and hair through a clear vase on the wooden table beside him, and put on his signature heart-warming smile.

You heard footsteps approaching you. When you turned around, your eyes widened as your infatuation stood tall  beside you, with a smile on his face!

"Hey beautiful," Jack cooed as he rested a hand on one of the shelves, leaned on one side, and the other hand on his hip.

A radiant blush clouded your cheeks, your eyes widened more, and the heart in your chest was thumping viciously against it.

"H-Hi..." you muttered softly as you looked away nervously, unsure of what to do.

"What'cha doing?" Jack asked.

"Um... I'm just trying to find something to read for today."

"Cool. What are you interested in?"

"Fantasy, fiction... romance."

"Ah. So I'm guessing you're quite the daydreamer?"

Jack was leaning closer to you with each sentence. It made you both excited and nervous at the same time.

"Is there something you want?" you asked as you stepped away from him. Jack realized that he was making you uncomfortable.

"Oh, sorry... Am I bothering you?" he asked, his voice had an anxious sound to it.

"No, no. It's just... Why are you suddenly talking to me when we've never really talked before?"

After a moment of silence, the young man sighed and came clean.

"I know this is really out of the blue but... Will you go out with me?"

Time stopped. 

You felt your tired heart skip a beat.

'Did he just say that he...?'  you thought.

"M-me?" you asked

"Yes. You," Jack confirmed.

"But..why?"

"Beacuse I-" Jack stalled before, "because I like you and and I want to go out with you."

"...That still doesn't answer my question."

"I like you. That's why."

Your blush, heartbeat, and confusion were not going away, but only getting worse.

Jack walked up to you. Seeing him loom over you was making you tremble slightly.

"I'm asking one more time. Will.. you go out with me?" Jack asked. His voice was soft and gentle, but with a scared, trembling pitch to it, almost sure of the fact that you were going to say no. His eyes, body language, and the colour of his cheeks were telling the same story.

You couldn't take it anymore. The fact that your crush was standing here talking to you, the fact that he asked you out, the fact that he confessed to you, and the fact he was so close that you could feel his warm breath fan your burning face.

You took his beautiful face in your hands and kissed him without any sign of doing so.

Jack let out a 'Hmph!' as your lips touched, obviously utterly surprised by your action. But, only a few seconds past before he realized what was happening and wrapped his arms around your waist and kissed back harder.

As you broke, you looked into Jack's blue eyes. You just couldn't believe that they were looking at you, and you alone. It was bliss!

...Until you thought;

"You're not joking about this, are you?" you asked. Jack's eyes widened the tiniest bit from your question.

"Why would I joke about this?"

"Because... Joking is your talent, isn't it?"

The man smiled.

"Yes, but not when it comes to my feelings."

You were still unsure and Jack could sense it. As a sign of proof, he cupped the side of your face with his hand and gave you a genuine, passionate kiss.

END