Cor Leonis x Reader- The Apology

*(A/N)-I don't know that much about Cor, so I apologize if he is out of character*

"Ready?" Cor asked, sword in hand.

"Ready!" you replied.

The man then charged at you and swung his sword, however, you easily dodged. A few minutes went by with nothing but the clashing of metal and effort-straining grunts filling the room. After a while, your adrenaline started to give up and it was becoming hard to catch a solid breath.

And because of that, Cor won. You were on the floor, rubbing your lower back, and groaning.

"Man..." you whined.

You heard Cor chuckle. He gave you a hand and you graciously took it, although you tilted your head down so he wouldn't notice your rosy blush. You always had a crush on Cor and it grew with every encounter you had with him. But, of course, you were too afraid to tell him.

 Once you were standing up without his support he stated;

"You know... I was pretty hard on you that last attack... Can I get you anything as an apology?"

You studied him. He wasn't always this gracious after a session. But then again, he did go harder on you than he usually did and he felt bad. You thought of something... but you hesitated.

"Umm... No, it's fine. You don't have to do anything," you said. However, Cor could sense that you wanted something from the tone in your voice.

"What do you want?" he asked matter-of-factly. You opened your mouth to say something, but nothing came out. You could hear the beating of your heart in your ears and your breathing became uneven.

If I asked him about it, he wouldn't want to...But if I want a chance with him, I guess I should just try...

"W-Well... How about..." you hesitated, your heart was thumping even faster and harder, you struck up the last of your courage and looked at Cor straight in the eyes. "A kiss."

Cor's eyes widened after processing what you had just said. Then, there was nothing but gosh-awful silence. You were starting to shake the slightest bit, a huge lump formed in your throat, thus making you unable to speak or even breathe.

Before you realized it, Cor had turned around and started to walk away. Then he went out the door. Seconds felt like days, minutes felt like years as you tried to understand what had happened until it hit you like landing face-first in ice-cold water;

You were rejected.

*** 

A month went by and neither of you had spoken to one another. When you went to the training room, Cor was there waiting, but it was clear he would be uncomfortable with you there. So, instead, you decided to go to Gladiolus for training. Even though he was more gentle than Cor, just thinking about him made your whole body ache. And when Gladio asked you about your depressed state, you wouldn't tell.

***

After another month, you didn't train anymore. Pretty much all you did consisted of lying on your bed and staring at the ceiling.

How could I have been so... stupid. I should have asked him for something else. Lunch, a book, a cheap new sword... anything else but a damn kiss! Why did I even think that he would consider me anything but a-

Your tormenting thoughts were interrupted by a soft knock at your door. Reluctantly, you got up off your comfy mattress and headed to where the sound came from. You opened the door with a forced smile on your face, but it immediately dropped and your eyes widened as you saw Cor's stern face.

You got the urge to just close the door and hide, but you fought it. You both stared at each other for what felt like hours, but was actually only seconds. You grew nervous under the man's 'glare' and you looked down. Cor took a step forward, which made your heart go crazy. You tilted your head to the side to get some space in order to breathe. He was so close. You could intake his scent.

You blinked to snap out of your trance and make up for what you said to him.

"Look, I'm sorry about what I asked for... It was stupid," you said.

"..."

The bottom of your eyes started to burn due to producing soon-to-be tears. You swallowed the large lump in your throat that was forming again. After a number of minutes of silence, you gave into your urge to close the door. 

However, as you were closing it, Cor pushed it back open and before you could blink...

His lips were on yours. Shock overcame you, causing your (e/c) eyes to widen even more. Before you had the chance to close them and return the kiss, he broke it. 

Cor stood up straight and maintained his stern face, but he had pink dusted on his cheeks.

"There. Now come on and get back to practice," he stated and walked down the apartment hall towards the elevator.

END