Noctis Lucis Caelum x Reader- Tears

*(A/N)- The person who requested this said to be as angst as possible, so I am giving out a trigger warning.*

"I HATE YOU!" you screamed with pure rage.

"(Y/n), calm down! You're overreacting!" Noctis shouted back as he tried to restrain you.

"I'M OVERREACTING!? HOW THE HELL DO YOU EXPECT ME TO ACT WHEN I SEE YOU HAVE YOUR HANDS ALL OVER ANOTHER GIRL!?"

"Look, I was wrong! Damn it, (y/n), settle down!"

You finally yanked your arms out of Noctis's forceful grip and took a few steps back.

"DON'T YOU DARE START WITH THAT CRAP! IF YOU KNEW IT WAS WRONG, WHY DID YOU DO IT!?"

"I did it because..." the prince stalled, "because we just aren't working out anymore."

"You couldn't have just broken up with me instead of cheating!?" Your voice was starting to get raspy from all the yelling. At that statement, Noctis's sad eyes gazed down at the floor in shame.

"You're right. I could've. I just didn't want to hurt you." His voice was but a whisper barely heard.

"Huh. Well, that certainly backfired, now didn't it?" you replied as you turned your back to him.

"(Y/n), I'm sorry," Noctis said. You swallowed the lump in your throat. His words sounded so genuine and soothing. But, you blinked and came out of your trance. It didn't matter how much he regretted it. There was no changing what he did and it was something that you just couldn't forgive.

"Get out," you stated.

"(Y/n)..." Noctis pleaded, putting his hand on your shoulder. You instantly pulled it away from his soft grip and repeated yourself more firmly.

"GET OUT!"

Silence filled the gloomy atmosphere, causing everything to become tight and uncomfortable. 

"I'm sorry," the prince whispered one more time before heavy footsteps filled the room, followed by the door opening and closing shut. The room was filled with silence yet again. Only, it made you feel worse. Soon, an anguished wail left your throat and you collapsed on your knees, face in hands. Never in your life had you experienced this kind of pain. And never had you been betrayed to this extent.

I loved you, Noct. I really did love you. Why would you do this to me? Was I not good enough? Did you not even return my feelings in the first place? WHAT COULD IT BE!?

A flash of lightning suddenly came forth, causing the small apartment room to rumble. You, however, gave it little if any regard for your suffering mind was too far deep in an abyss of dark thought.

I should have known that I was never good enough for him. He's a prince, I'm a commoner. What would anyone expect? ...I'm a no one compared to him...

The minutes turned into hours. The rain still hadn't stopped...along with your tears. You laid on the cool hardwood floor, ignoring how uncomfortable it felt. The salty little drops dribbled down your cheeks in the same fashion as the rain with the windows. You gazed intently at them. It was as if the sky was joining you in your sorrow, giving you sympathy and comfort.

You sniffed and whipped your damp visage with your sleeve as you finally got up. Every muscle in your body ached and your head throbbed and felt heavy. You slowly stood up and proceeded toward the window. The outline of the city was blurred from the sky's water, but visible enough to make out the outlines. You took an exhausted breath and leaned your forehead to the chilly surface of the glass. It felt nice in a way. You fluttered your eyes closed.

The pain from earlier was still fresh, but you could sense the feeling thawing out ever so slowly. Although you knew you would recover, it was going to take time and strength. But, you were all alone in that fight. No one was going to comfort you with the exception of yourself and your own willpower.

But right now, you needed to mourn for your lost lover. All the memories, all the gifts, all the kisses, all the proclamations of love and affection that ever existed between you and the prince of Lucis was now gone.

After accepting that venomous fact, another small tear from your tortured (e/c) eyes leaked out and made it's journey from your cheek to the floor silently.

END