Angeal Hewley x OC- Misunderstanding

Dedicated to IcequeenDee

"How long has she been fighting for?" Genesis asked, flipping another page of his poem, LOVELESS.

"For about two hours now," Angeal replied, arms over chest.

"Isn't she wonderful?" Sephiroth asked, clearly proud of his twin.

"She's more of a show-off than wonderful," Angeal stated.

"Now, now, Mr. Hewley. That isn't very polite," Genesis chuckled. Angeal rolled his eyes and continued to watch Sephiroth's twin, Lulu fight; which she had been doing for the said two hours.

Lu glanced over her shoulder; Genesis had his eyes on LOVELESS, Sephiroth was looking at her with a very proud expression, and Angeal... he had his arms crossed and was looking away. Lu grunted in annoyance. After slashing through the last holographic enemy, she turned off the Virtual Reality System and stormed out.

All three men were confused at Lulu's sudden change of attitude.

"What was that about?" Genesis asked.

"I don't know. She's always been the temperamental type," Sephiroth said.

"Hmph," Angeal hummed, being only the tiniest bit curious.

-

Urgh! He never looks at me! Even when I'm doing the extremes to get his attention. What is it about me that he doesn't even look at me? Maybe because I look like my brother? ... No. Him and Sephiroth are good friends and Angeal has never been the jealous type. So... What could it be?

Lulu sat long and hard thinking about how to get Angeal's attention. She'd always adored him. His sweet personality, his brave heart, his looks, even the tiny stubble underneath his chin. However, it was obvious that he didn't return her feelings. Angeal viewed her as annoying and avoided all interaction.

But why?

***

Lulu stood in front of Angeal's door. She'd finally decided to confront him. After taking a long breath, she got the strength to lift her arm and knock on the door. A good 15 or more seconds went by with nothing. Sighing, she was about to turn on her heels to leave when she could hear the lock being unlocked. Then, the door opened to reveal Angeal with nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist, his hair damp with water, and faint steam emitting from his skin.

Lulu's breath got caught in her throat and almost instantly, she thought she would faint. But despite the panic happening inside, she managed to stay unfazed on the outside.

"What is it?" Angeal's voice broke through the cloud of swirling thoughts.

"N-Nothing. I wanted to talk, but I guess now's not the best time," Lulu replied.

"I guess it is, but since you're already here, why don't you just say the point."

"No, it's fine. It's going to take more than a point."

Angeal's brows furrowed in confusion.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

A moment of silence stood between them for a moment before Lulu spoke up.

"Do you hate me?" she asked bluntly. Angeal was now utterly confused and taken aback.

"What? What do you mean? I don't hate you," he defended.

"Then why are you so cold to me?"

Angeal stood in slight shock. He wasn't aware that he had been acting 'cold' to her: he never meant to in the first place.

"Lu, look, if I've ever done anything too rude to you, I'm sorry."

"That doesn't answer my question though."

Another small silence fell before Angeal sighed.

"You're always so prideful and arrogant that it kinda gets on my nerves sometimes."

Now it was Lulu's turn to be shocked. She never meant to be 'arrogant' or 'prideful'. She wasn't even aware she had been. A deep shade of red filled her cheeks out of complete embarrassment.

"I-I never meant to be that way..." she whispered, looking down in shame. After seeing her expression and body language, Angeal saw he had hurt her feelings. He felt shame as well.

"Oh...! Lu, I-I'm sorry! I didn't think that it would make you feel bad!" Lulu's head snapped up.

"Oh, no, no!" she replied, waving her hands in front of her, "It's my fault for acting that way. It's just... uh... never mind."

"Well... whatever your reason is, I know it's not for anything bad. I'm sorry again for how I acted."

"Me, too."

They both smiled at each other after clearing up their misunderstanding.

"Well, I guess I should get going now" Lulu stated as she realized Angeal was still in his towel.

"Okay. We'll start fresh from this tomorrow?"

"You bet." Right after Angeal closed the door, Zack and Genesis came from around the corner.

"Unbelievable!" Zack exclaimed with a disappointed tone and expression.

"Indeed," Genesis replied, but he had a smirk in his face.

"What?" Lulu asked, obviously confused.

"You still haven't told him you like him?" Zack asked. Lulu's face blushed instantly.

"Huh? How did you know that?" she asked.

"It was quite easy," Genesis stated confidently, " When you fight, you always try to do it in front of him."

"And that red face of yours isn't helping you," Zack said, pointing at his cheeks.

"L-Look, j-just don't tell him! Please!" Lulu asked frantically.

"Here's the deal: If you never tell him, we will for you."

"Urgh! ... ... Fine!"

-

Little did anyone know, Angeal was still by the door, listening to everything.

END-(REQUESTS CLOSED)