Prompto Argentum x Reader- Worthy

Prompto tossed and turned in the tent while everyone was fast asleep. He just couldn't keep you off his mind. He knew you loved him. And you knew he loved you. Sadly, you were too scared of getting close to him... or anyone for that matter. Throughout your life, men ranging from fathers to boyfriends, had let you down in some of the most disappointing and pathetic of ways.

Yes, you liked Prompto very much, almost to the point of saying you're in love, but you couldn't help but feel that he would abandon and hurt you like so many others did. Yes, he was very nice, charming, handsome, and funny, but you still felt it wouldn't work out and that he deserved someone better.

Prompto really wanted to prove his worth... but how?

***

You woke up to the lovely sound of birds chirping outside. With a loud yawn, you zipped down and exited the tent. The heavenly scent of Ignis's cooking filled your nose.

"I already love breakfast," you stated to Ignis. The man gave a light smile.

You gazed around the dawn-lit campsite.

"Where's Prompto?" you asked as you could only spot Noctis and Gladiolus.

"I believe he went to the lake," Ignis replied as he began stirring whatever he had in the pot. "I think it would be best if you fetched him for me. Breakfast is just about finished."

"Okay"

***

As you reached your destination, you spotted your blonde friend sitting on a tiny hill, camera in hand. You silently made your way up to him while he took a couple of pictures.

"Hey, Prom," you greeted. The young man jumped up at the sound of your voice and whipped around.

"Oh, (y/n)!" Prompto exclaimed, clearly startled by your unexpected presence. "Sorry, I didn't see you there."

"Oh, no, no! I'm sorry for scaring you!" you apologized, placing a soft hand on Prompto's shoulder. You were unable to pick up on the faint blush that occupied his freckled cheeks. You peaked your head around to get a closer look at his camera's screen. "Can I see your pictures?"

"Sure."

You took the object in your hands and began to click the button over and over after you scanned each picture.

"Wow! You're a really good photographer," you exclaimed. Prompto scratched the back of his head sheepishly at the compliment.

"Well, that's just me," he responded. You chuckled at his cheeky remark and gazed up into his ocean blue eyes, and he gazed unto your (e/c) ones. Both of you got hypnotized by each other's gentle stare. Unfortunately, that peaceful moment was interrupted by a faint, but audible "HELP!!"

You and Prompto both looked from left to right, frantically trying to determine where the cry had come from. In only a matter of seconds, the cry sounded again. Thankfully, you were able identify the location and found what seemed to be a young boy, no more older than 10, thrashing and bobbing in the water.

"MY BABY!" a woman a few yards over hollered out. You whipped your head to where your friend was.

"Prompto, we have to-" You halted mid-sentence went you realized that the blonde was no longer by your side. As you looked at the lake, you found Prompto running at full speed towards the boy. Without hesitation, he dived into the water and began paddling gracefully, yet hurriedly to the endangered child. Prompto then caught the boy and swam him safely to shore.

The mother ran to her son and picked him up from Prompto. She held her son close while thanking Prompto excessively while sobbing. However, all you could do was stand there in shock and awe. You could feel your heart sink and your knees wobble. You couldn't believe what you had just witnessed. You sensed yourself falling even deeper in love with him, but also felt intense guilt at not realizing just how great Prompto Argentum really was.

After the mother said her last(and thousandth) thank you, she carried her son away while the soaked, shaking blonde walked back over to you.

"Phew... That was close, don't you-" Prompto was cut off when you wrapped your arms around his neck and pulled him in, which resulted in your lips smashing together. He stiffened and let out a small utter of surprise. The kiss was quick and innocent, you pulled away before he could fully comprehend what you had just done. His bright blue eyes were caught in complete shock, the left over water dribbling down his beet-red visage. You smiled.

"Prompto, will you be my boyfriend?" you asked. 

END