Noctis Lucis Caelum x Reader- Dance Lessons

You were sitting on a park bench, reading a book since you didn't have anything else to do with your time. It was quite the place to be; the sun was shining, flowers and nature were in bloom, and the peaceful sound of birds singing droned into your ears as your (e/c) eyes scanned the words on the page.

"I... I love you." A radiant heat lit up my face after finally confessing to him. My heart felt as though it would leap out of my chest. I let my head tilt down in embarrassment and fear. What if he didn't return my feelings? All those years of friendship and fond memories would be gone, destroyed in a mere instant. The deafening silence made me go virtually insane. However, before I knew it, his fingers gently grazed the bottom of my chin, causing me to look up at him. To my utter surprise, he had a gleaming smile on his face.
"I love you, too," he whispered.
I couldn't believe my ears. To think that he loved me...

Your eyes drifted elsewhere from the printed wording in front of you. The story you were reading reminded you of a certain boy. Over the past few months, you had been trying desperately to sum up the courage to tell him how you really felt about him... but you were scared. Scared that he would reject your feelings, just like the character in the book. Yes, there was a chance that he could end up returning your affections, but the way he acted around you told you(in your mind, anyway) that he only saw you as a mere friend.

Suddenly, the cellphone in your pocket began to sound. You took it out and read the name on the small screen. Him.

"Hello?" you answered.

"H-Hey, (y/n)... D-Do you mind doing me a favour?"

"Okay... What kind of favour?"

"Uh... Well..."

You raised a brow at his unusually nervous tone.

"C-Can you just come over? I'll explain when you get here."

"Okay."

***

When you arrived at the Citadel, a couple of maids guided you to the main ball room of the large estate. On the other side of the vast room, he was sitting on the ledge of a window, staring deeply at the brightly lit world behind the glass.

"Your Highness?" one of the maids asked. His head snapped to your direction almost immediately after the voice. You gave the prince a smile.

"Hey, Noct," you greeted casually.

"H-Hey, (y/n)," Noctis said with the same tone he had on the phone as he hastily jumped off the window's ledge and walked towards you. You noticed that his shoulders seemed to be a little tensed up and that he had a rosy colour to his cheeks.

"Are... you okay?" you asked the prince as you scanned his appearance and demeanour. You had never seen him look or act like this before. It made you both worried and weirded out.

"Yep. I'm fine. Never better," he replied with a nervous chuckle. "Anyway... the reason I called you here is because... ah... well..."

You raised a brow. Now things were really getting strange.

"Because... I... wanted you to help me with my ball dancing!" Your brows were now furrowed in suspicion. It was totally obvious that he made that last part up. Also, why would he ask you out of all the girls in the palace who had way more experience in this line of expertise? However, you decided to go along with his will, even if it was odd.

"Okay then..."

-

Now, it was your turn to have tense shoulders and a pink face. Noctis was holding you close, his one hand on the low of your back while the other held your hand in his. If that wasn't enough, your faces were mere inches apart, you could see each feature of his handsome baby face perfectly, as well as feeling his warm, uneven breath fanning your hot visage.

"Okay... Y-You ready?" Noctis asked you with a jittery smile.

"I guess so..."

As if on cue, the music from the record started playing the elegant music. You and the prince began to sway with the music, but Noctis's movements were awkward and stiff. You were careful not to step on his feet, which appeared to be unsteady. A few minutes passed and the awkward atmosphere only continued to grow, his movements becoming all the more out of rhythm. And then...

You stepped on his foot, causing Noctis to fumble backwards as he was trying to step back on the foot you had yours on.

"WHOA WHOA WHOA!!"

And soon, a thud sounded out as you hit the floor... with Noctis laying beneath you. Your face turned bright red instantly.

"S-Sorry," you mumbled as you tried to get up. However, the raven-haired boy stopped you.

"Wait, (y/n)!"

You looked down at him. He looked like a tomato with a black wig.

"I never needed these lessons," he explained. You were pissed off at his words.

"Well, why did you call me then?" you asked, annoyance laced in your words.

"I wanted to tell you that... that... I think I love you..." he whispered in a barely audible voice.

Your eyes widened after processing what you heard. The heat in your cheeks reached the maximum limit, making you assume you looked like a red fruit as well.

"Y-You do?" you asked. The prince gulped and nodded. He looked down in shame.

"I... I understand if you don't feel the same way. I just had to get it off my chest." His voice seemed so sad, as if he knew you were going to reject him.

But, he was soon proven wrong when he was forced to look up and a pair of lips crashed down on his own. He didn't understand what was going on at first, but eventually he realized... you were kissing him!

END