Rude x Reader-Complicated(Part 2)

Rufus was doing paperwork in his office, although it got boring, very boring, after awhile. Being the head of the largest company on the planet wasn't easy at all.

 There was a knock at his door.

"Come in."

Reno and Rude entered.

"Hey'ya, Boss! We've done all the missions for this week. Is there anymore for us?" Reno asked.

"Not that I can think of. Why don't you take the next few days off until I can find something for you to do," Rufus said, going back to his papers. The two Turks turned to each other before the red-head stated;

"Sounds good to me!"

With that, they exited the office. 

"We actually get some time off! This is our lucky day, yo. Hey Rude, where you want to go?" Reno said as they walked down the hall.

"Seventh Heaven," Rude bluntly replied.  Reno looked at his partner from the corner of his eye. He'd been acting weird the last couple of days. Speaking of days, he realized that he hadn't seen (y/n) for that long.

"Hey, Rude, have you seen (y/n) around lately 'cause I haven't?" 

Right then, Reno could visibly see Rude's whole body tense up at that sentence. The two men stopped walking.

"Maybe she's sick," Rude said quietly. Reno raised a brow. Rude was definitely acting strange. He was facing the opposite side of Reno. And from all the years that he knew him, the one thing that he knew above all else was that Rude always avoided eye contact when lying.

"Dude, what's with you?" 

"What do you mean?" Rude asked, turning and finally facing Reno.

".....Did something happen between you two?" 

Rude was silent for a few moments. He turned his head away again.

"No."

"Cut the crap, yo! I know when you're lying. You've been acting weird for the past two days, (y/n) hasn't been around for that time either, and now you act even more edgy when I mention her... What am I suppose to think?"

Before Rude had time to respond, Reno's cellphone rang.

"We'll talk about this later," he said as he dug out the phone from his pocket.

"Yeah?" 

"RENO, GET BACK OVER HERE NOW!" Rufus screamed from the other side.

"Be right there!" Reno hung up the phone, "Boss called, it sounds serious." The men ran back to the office. In no time, they burst through the door. But they were stopped dead in their tracks after what met their eyes.

(Y/n) was on the large holographic screen. She was inside a large tube that was filling up with water, though very slowly. Her mouth was gagged and she was handcuffed to the sides of the tube. But the one thing that got the most attention from everyone was that she was bloody and bruised, her face getting the worst of it.

"If you want your sister alive, I suggest you give us a ransom of one million Gil. You have two days to get the money before the tank fills up. If you don't have the money by then, the girl dies. We'll be at her apartment,"  A voice said, while still showing the struggling girl. Then static overcame the screen.

Everyone was still and silent. Too shocked to do anything. 

"Everyone go to the treasury and get the money, NOW!" Rufus yelled, breaking everyone out of their fazed state.  They all ran down to the elevator and went down to the basement. Although, Reno and Rude stayed behind, waiting for instructions from their boss. Rufus slowly sat down in his chair and turned it to the large window. The Turks stood there in silence. 

"....Boss...?" Reno asked gingerly.

"......Make sure she gets back safely...." Rufus replied, scared and nervously.

Without a word, they both left the office.

*

Rude's guilt was eating him alive ever since the day you confessed. He never thought about you in the way you thought about him, but ever since that day, he didn't know what he felt concerning you. And seeing you in that condition plus knowing you were probably still brokenhearted, he could only imagine how much you were baring. All he could do was try to save you so he could figure out what to do. 

Why was this so complicated?

(Continued in part 3)