Reno x Reader-Jealous

Dedicated to bruegrimm72

The red-headed Turk's brows twitched in irritation and frustration as he watched you dance with his partner, Rude.

(You were at Rufus's birthday party.)

The way you were dancing so slowly and intimately with the Turk was almost enough to make Reno go insane. If that wasn't bad enough, Rude was holding you closely to him, with one hand in yours and the other on your back, which was slightly exposed from your dress and you had a gleaming smile on your face as both of you gazed deeply into each other's eyes.

"Tch," Reno's tongue clicked as he looked away from the enraging sight. Anger and hurt leaked out from his heart, each beat was painful to endure. With a sigh, he took his glass and desperately drank all the content in it, hoping that it might ease some of the pain.

...It didn't work at all.

Reno glanced back at you. You now had your head against Rude's chest, arms formed a ring around his broad neck, while his hands were resting on your hips.

A low growl escaped the red-head's throat as he tore his aquamarine eyes from you yet again.

Reno had been in love with you for a long time now. However, you always ignored his advances and (seemingly) found favour with Rude instead. It hurt. A lot. Being the playboy he is, Reno never had any trouble getting with a girl... A girl he never cared for. But then you came into the picture and messed that all up. He tried his usual pick-up lines and flirt routines on you that he did on all the other girls. But, it was like you had an invisible shield around you. You turned down all of his moves, sometimes even getting disgusted by them.

"Another drink, sir?" the bartender offered.

"No thanks," Reno replied. The bartender could sense something was wrong, but decided it would be best to leave the man alone and went back to doing his business.

Reno slid a hand over his face to try and straighten his thoughts out. He thought it would be best to just get over his feelings and go back to being a playboy. It could be way more fun than being stuck in a relationship, right? Wrong. If he did, he would probably spend the rest of his life with women who didn't love him and vice versa. He had to come up with something to get you to like him or else...

With one last ounce of courage, he glanced towards your direction one last time. The song had ended and you were giving Rude a farewell hug. Then, you went to your chair, got your night coat, and exited the premises.

Reno thought for a minute before deciding to go and follow you.

-

You walked swiftly across the sidewalk, trying to get home as fast as you could for you knew it was dangerous at night. The wind howled as it blew against you, the moon providing the only light in the dark street.

Suddenly, you heard footsteps. Fast footsteps. Your heartbeat sped up and fear started to run through your veins. You tried to walk faster, but the footsteps got closer and closer and closer until... a hand took hold of your shoulder.

You yelped and turned around, ready to face the person.

"Whoa, hey, it's me," Reno said as he saw you getting ready to hit him. You let out a sigh of relief as you realized it was him.

"Dammit, Reno, don't do that," you whined as you put your hand on your chest, trying to calm down the thumping heart inside.

"Hey."

You looked up at him. He had a serious expression on his face. He almost looked angry.

"What?" you asked.

"Do you like Rude?" Reno asked bluntly. You were taken aback by the unexpected question.

"Huh? What do you mean? Like as a friend? Yeah."

"Bullshit!" Reno spat, anger visible in his tone. "I see the way you look at him, how you talk to him, how you touch him. You obviously love him!"

You were completely puzzled and astonished at Reno's behaviour. He never yelled or talked to you in such a manner before. But more importantly, why was he so caught up with your relationship with Rude? What you said was true: you liked him as a friend, nothing more. And besides, Rude had a crush on Tifa. If you did love him, it would be a lost cause to begin with. So why was he...

Wait a minute.

"Reno... Are you jealous?" you asked. The man opened his mouth to say something, but froze. He looked away. "You're jealous, aren't you?" Reno stalled before responding.

"Never mind. Forget about this." He started to walk away, but you grabbed his hand. You understood now why he constantly flirted with you and asked you out. He genuinely liked you. A small blush coloured your cheeks at the realization.

"You like me... don't you, Reno?"

The Turk was still, almost like a statue, but you could feel the trembling of his hand. Before you knew what you were even doing, you spun Reno around, put your hands on his chest, and smashed your lips onto his.

You could hear his muffled sound of surprise.

And as quick as the kiss had started, it ended just as fast.

Reno's visage displayed pure shock and confusion, as well as a beet-red blush.

"I'll go out with you if you promise to stop using those gross pick-up lines," you offered.

Reno smiled.

"Deal."

END-(REQUESTS CLOSED!)